How to sideload apps on Reliance Jio Fiber Android set-top box?

• Thread starter Thread starter Evilbrain
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 278
  • Views Views 137,134

Evilbrain

ISP
Airtel
Got my STB today, tried to install jio tv apk but it seems like the box is locked or whatever i am not able to enable the "unknown sources" thing in the settings.

I didn't take but was given the non-hybrid model. Back then I didn't even know there were so many models and why wouldn't I opt for the hybrid model if I was given the option since it seems to have more features.

Upvote 0
@Briyan Santho Sebastian i too had the same with my box but last week that box got stuck in boot screen so when the guys came to replace it with new box I checked out install apps from unknown sources before updating it to new version now I can sideload apps.

Upvote 0
@bigman91 He is saying that u need to reset it to factory default settings and afterwards u need to enable developer options. Then toggle the install from unknown source option. After that u will see the app installer option. U can't update it to android 9 manually. I remember seeing the app installer when the stb was turned on for first time. After every app was installed it was not there. Personally, i didn't try what he said but will do

Upvote 0
@Briyan Santho Sebastian i too had the same with my box but last week that box got stuck in boot screen so when the guys came to replace it with new box I checked out install apps from unknown sources before updating it to new version now I can sideload apps.
So you are saying that if I format the Set-up-Box and check the "install from unknown source" then proceed for update will solve the sideload issue.

Upvote 0

Back