How to sideload apps on Reliance Jio Fiber Android set-top box?

• Thread starter Thread starter Evilbrain
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 278
  • Views Views 137,128

Evilbrain

ISP
Airtel
Got my STB today, tried to install jio tv apk but it seems like the box is locked or whatever i am not able to enable the "unknown sources" thing in the settings.

So many people are asking if someone having the Jio stb can extract the JioTV apk and share here. But people are blatantly ignoring such requests. :p. Or....
They are incompetent to do it.
yes i am incompetent to do it and i have mentioned in the previous post... people are not patient enough to read all thread and find the details there... so nobody is ignoring anyone. people are butt hurt that they couldnt read a thread properly.

Upvote 0
@ponnitheunreal can you extract the Jio tv plus apk and upload it cloud and share the link here want to test in on my android box
hi vicky i already mentioned i dont know hot to extract apks. its been more than 7 years since i worked with androids. the most exp i had with android was developing a app to scan wifi around us back in 2011... if you can guide me then i will help you out rather than being "sarcastic" like few on this thread.

Upvote 0
A couple of media player apps I think could be useful for your new Jio STB. For those interested below are the links :
VLC - Download VLC-Android-3.2.3-armeabi-v7a.apk
Kodi - Click on Android and Download ARMV7A (32 bit)

If anybody could suggest other useful apps please post here.

Upvote 0
So if one gets the STB without tuner then he/she's out of luck of installing/sideloading apks, right?

Also, is there any condition that Bronze plan subscriber get STB w/o tuner port and Silver and UP plans users will get hybrid box?

Upvote 0
@legionsunited91 No. There is no such condition. The person who comes with the set top box has no idea which plan we have taken.
And as for your example, I have taken the bronze plan and have still got the STB with the tuner port (hybrid box)..

Upvote 0

Back