How to sideload apps on Reliance Jio Fiber Android set-top box?

• Thread starter Thread starter Evilbrain
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 278
  • Views Views 137,128

Evilbrain

ISP
Airtel
Got my STB today, tried to install jio tv apk but it seems like the box is locked or whatever i am not able to enable the "unknown sources" thing in the settings.

Thr is Hathway in my locality operating for many years, though the swindle extra money in the name of maintenance. What are the issues tht the STB with non-coaxial ports facing ?
Actually the local cable operators require 153 as maintenance charge and rest of what you are paying for actual cable tv. To be honest hathway is owned by gtpl which inturn is owned (51%) by bambani himself.

Upvote 0
@ponnitheunreal - I'm aware of the TRAI charges and Motabhai owning Hathway but apart from that they charge additional 50~80 bucks as maintenance fee.

Upvote 0
@ponnitheunreal cable has higher bitrate than dth and there's lesser dropped frames i can clearly see the difference between airtel dth and SCV hd cable Airtel especially codes it to lower bitrate x265 to save satellite bandwidth.

Upvote 0
@Vickytn yes buddy cable is superior in bandwidth and most cable channels are encoded with higher bitrate I’ve worked for few mso so I know the pros and cons of cable and satellite. FYI nobody in India is broadcasting in x265. The boxes are capable of x265 hw decoding but not the transmission. They are moving towards x265 so in future if they shift they don’t have to replace the old stb for free since customers won’t pay for it. This happened when Tata Sky had to replace all mpeg2 to mpeg4 free of cost when they migrated to mpeg4. X265 should be used to give better quality for low bandwidth rather that same quality in lower bandwidth.

Upvote 0
So many people are asking if someone having the Jio stb can extract the JioTV apk and share here. But people are blatantly ignoring such requests. :p. Or....
They are incompetent to do it.

Upvote 0

Back