How to sideload apps on Reliance Jio Fiber Android set-top box?

• Thread starter Thread starter Evilbrain
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 278
  • Views Views 137,126

Evilbrain

ISP
Airtel
Got my STB today, tried to install jio tv apk but it seems like the box is locked or whatever i am not able to enable the "unknown sources" thing in the settings.

@bigman91 what download speeds are u getting on PS4? Because my PS4 is downloading patches around 40-60 Mbps speed that too on lan. But, only once i got around 85-95 mbps

Upvote 0
@Nitin - yes witnessed similar speeds like yours while downloading updates when connected via LAN. While DL a game, the speeds looked pretty stable like around 7-8 MBps during free preview. Haven't checked after getting paid plan.

Upvote 0
@vln_arun already mentioned in the post. I tried installing prime app and hdr playback is not working and installed one more apk but the login screen was different I’m not risking getting my account phished by someone. So I’m not brave enough to try Netflix and primevideo.

Upvote 0
@yougotmehere - why would they give diff STB ? Are you taking about STB that were given a year back to some customers ?

Nope ! I got my STB (JMC20211) last week. Its' a small Unit which doesn't have that Coaxial Cable input. I guess, they have given hybrid stb's in areas where they had trouble with local cable operators and might tie up with them for the Cable TV service. For the rest of India where they just giving the normal IPTV STB, they might just deliver that service on their own. I don't see any other reason why would they give 2 different STB's

Upvote 0
Nope ! I got my STB (JMC20211) last week. Its' a small Unit which doesn't have that Coaxial Cable input. I guess, they have given hybrid stb's in areas where they had trouble with local cable operators and might tie up with them for the Cable TV service. For the rest of India where they just giving the normal IPTV STB, they might just deliver that service on their own. I don't see any other reason why would they give 2 different STB's
Thr is Hathway in my locality operating for many years, though the swindle extra money in the name of maintenance. What are the issues tht the STB with non-coaxial ports facing ?

Upvote 0

Back