How to get external speakers working with Reliance Jio Fiber Android set-top box?

ISP
BSNL
Has anyone tried connecting speakers to the Jio STB?
I tried connecting but they are not working and couldn't find any option for switching audio from HDMI to audio out.
Also the remote control has some buttons which does nothing.

@may123 This is a photo of the speakers that I am using:

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-10 at 19.24.27.jpeg

Actually I did not purchase these speakers to enhance the audio quality or anything. 3 years back, my TV got damaged. The TV repair person could successfully repair the video but was unable to repair the audio. So he gave these speakers to use (I do not know where he purchased it from). The price mentioned on the box is 899.
Since then I have been using these speakers with my TV without any issues. Although they are cheap ones, the sound quality is pretty good(same like it used to come from the TV directly).

PS: The Jio STB I am having is JHSD200.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
You can use arc channel from tv hdmi output.Sony led tv has marked 1 channel as ARC channel.so if yu connect jio stb to 2nd hdmi port of tv then yu can pick analog stereo pin audio from tv audio out pins or yu can directly connect yur home theatre to hdmi ARC channel no 1 on tv hdmi out.like my blaupunkt soundbar has hdmi input option
For some reason, when I connect hdmi arc port to my soundbar, there’s so sound output. So I have done another arrangement. The hdmi from STB goes into my Sony’s hdmi2 and I have used a male to male audio cable to connect from tv’s headphone jack to the JBL soundbar’s audio in jack. Works flawlessly. The only issue is that when the soundbar is off, tv still outputs the sound to the bar...so I have to turn on tv + soundbar together.

Upvote 0
I use external speakers with my Jio STB.
Actually there is some problem with the audio of my TV. So I compulsorily have to use external speakers be it for Jio STB or for watching normal cable.
I just connect the speaker cable to the audio port on the STB. The sound is automatically played via the speakers. I don't have to change any settings for that.
Can you please tell which port you use for audio out?
I have 1 hdmi, 1 usb, and another different looking usb (not sure what it is)
Which 1 to use and what cable to connect to speakers?

Upvote 0
download (1).webp

See the image. I have circled the audio out port in red color. I just connect my speakers to that port and sound automatically plays through the speakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
1st best : Use HDMI arc port on TV if available.
2nd best: Use Fiber optic cable ( Toshlink ) from STB to HT for 5.1 dd
Or From TV to HT for 2.1 dd
Above ones are digital signal so better.
3rd : use aux cable

Upvote 0
Can you please tell which port you use for audio out?
I have 1 hdmi, 1 usb, and another different looking usb (not sure what it is)
Which 1 to use and what cable to connect to speakers?
Blue colour USB is for 3.0 high speed flash drives like HDD ( Hard disk )

Upvote 0
Actually there is some problem with the audio of my TV. So I compulsorily have to use external speakers be it for Jio STB or for watching normal cable.
I just connect the speaker cable to the audio port on the STB. The sound is automatically played via the speakers. I don't have to change any settings for that.
What type of speakers you were using, Could you please add the brand & model name. I want to get one for me?

Upvote 0
I have connected my Philips home theatre with jio setup box. Everything is fine after I connected through HDMI splitter and then sharing HDMI signals, one to TV and the other to Philips home theatre. Audio can be received through AUX mode in Philips home theatre.

Upvote 0
I just realized that the latest STB which Jio is providing have a SPDIF port on them. The STB which I received doesn't have a SPDIF port. It has a normal 3.5 mm audio out port.
That is why I am able to connect speakers in a normal manner via the 3.5 mm cable provided with the speakers.
For connecting to the SPDIF port, a TOSLINK cable (and a converter if necessary) is required.

Just writing this post for people who might be wondering how I am able to connect external speakers via a 3.5 mm cable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Back