How to surrender BSNL FTTH Bharat Fiber Broadband Connection?

ISP
Hathway
Hi,

I had taken a BSNL Broadband connection way back in the year 2006. We took the modem, the standard UT300R2U on rent and after many months, they stopped charging us the rent for the same as well.

Now, after 8 years, I'd like to surrender the Broadband connection while keeping the landline services intact as is.

I plan on surrendering the service sometime this week. Could someone please guide me on how to get it done at one go? I need to take half day's leave from office to finish this. :/ I will be going to the Indiranagar Exchange in Bangalore.

For now, I know that I need to write a letter and submit it to the exchange. But don't know to whom I must address the letter or what it must contain. Which of these things must I also return to BSNL?

1) Modem
2) LAN cable
3) Steel type USB cable
4) Power adapter
5) Telephone cable

Anything else I need to give back to them?

Thanks a lot guys. Will really appreciate some detailed responses. :)

Solution
You cant apply for disconnection without paying pending bills.. So first you need to clear any pending bills and then apply for disconnection. After disconnection, dont pay the final bill as it can be adjusted against security deposit.
BSNL is proper Postpaid billing with one month advance....
Wont the service get disconnected if I dont pay my bill for a month??
Any negative of getting services disconnected this way? atleast it saves all the effort of going to exchange and giving the letter

Upvote 0
That's risky. You'll pile up fines and get into legal trouble.
Sure your service will get disconnected but your account will have dues and you'll have to pay them at some point of time.

Upvote 0
ONT is rented.
Getting Airtel Fiber by 20 January.
What is the procedure? Can I submit application for disconnection online(BSNL Selfcare)?
What about Security Deposit and refund?
(I heard they are not refunding Security Deposit so what happens if I don't pay bills?)

Upvote 0
@noob Can you tell me your pincode please, as it will help me alot, in which area it is going to available, as I am planning to change my local ISP too !

Upvote 0
You cant apply for disconnection without paying pending bills.. So first you need to clear any pending bills and then apply for disconnection. After disconnection, dont pay the final bill as it can be adjusted against security deposit.

Upvote 0
Solution

Back