How to upgrade to Windows 8 for just Rs. 699

• Thread starter Thread starter dpkrwt123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 325
  • Views Views 31,335
so i cant purchase? i have a promo code

If you have a promo code then you can purchase any time @ Rs.699/- during offer period till price is set for Rs.1999/-

I think on activation they will point the windows 7 Key.........from windows 7 Key they will know the data if its before 02 Jun 2012 or.....

Purchased it for 699
Dear xxxxbank Customer, 699.00 INR was spent on your Credit Card xxxxXXXXXXXXxxxx on 31-OCT-12 at WINDOWS8 ESD BY ARVA.Final FX rates and charges are applicable.
Downloading now

I think on activation they will point the windows 7 Key.........from windows 7 Key they will know the data if its before 02 Jun 2012 or.....

I had an old laptop bought in 2005 that had a label with the key, serial number, COA etc. I put that key in and I got a promo code. Now I got a retail copy of windows 8 for Rs699 with a key. I installed it on a machine with no windows version on it. The machine just had a blank formated disk. I used custom option instead of the upgrade option. The installer installed Windows 8 and created a directory called windows.old with zero bytes in it and got activated. I gave this same copy to 5 of my friends and all were able to install it and activate without any problems. One with a clean install, and the other four installed it on another partition dual booting with their old version of windows. The sixth person I gave it to could install it but could not activate it online. He called up Microsoft and they activated it for him. Now 6 people have got a legit copy of windows 8 all for Rs699. I think the brains in Microsoft are micro and very soft