How to upgrade to Windows 8 for just Rs. 699

• Thread starter Thread starter dpkrwt123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 325
  • Views Views 31,335
ah damn it, i was too late for this, now they are asking for legitimate win 7 key :(
Me too thought of buying it next month. But it seems Microsoft has already achieved their target and closed the offer. MS Win 8 is just worth Rs.699. Spending more than that for an OS is a strict NO for me.

Me too thought of buying it next month. But it seems Microsoft has already achieved their target and closed the offer. MS Win 8 is just worth Rs.699. Spending more than that for an OS is a strict NO for me.

So now whats happening? if we put old win7 key will it accept or a new key of after June2 2012 activations are accepted?
What if my pc was pre installed with win7?

Hey. i Installed 8 pro.. But i am unable to open any metro apps.. Even windows store i am not able to open!! i have configured it wilth my hotmail account!! can somebody help me in this??

In control panel, click to reset your pc. your windows 8 will be re-installed from scratch as good as a fresh install. Upgrading windows from a previous version is a terrible idea, always best to for a fresh install to get out th best from the latest version.

Hey. i Installed 8 pro.. But i am unable to open any metro apps.. Even windows store i am not able to open!! i have configured it wilth my hotmail account!! can somebody help me in this??

I found Avast is not at all allowing to open Metro in my PC... It works after I disabled it.

avoid running antivirus on windows 8 right now. it comes with windows defender out of the box which is a fully functional antivirus in its own.

Admin is always rite!!! Two things important(*) Restart is must after one update( forgot that uppdate name)(*) Uninstall Anti-virus!!!and btw, upgrade is better than clean install as we will surely miss some software and files!!

well. i am not saying that running a dedicated third party antivirus is not required. what i am saying is that re-evaluate the need. if you are careful about your online activities, you might not need at all. if you do need it, make sure you are using a version that has been labelled fully compatible with windows 8. i was using MSE on windows 7 so i see no need to install anything else on windows 8.