How to upgrade to Windows 8 for just Rs. 699

• Thread starter Thread starter dpkrwt123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 325
  • Views Views 31,335
and btw, upgrade is better than clean install as we will surely miss some software and files!!

Upgrade causes many conflicts. i had upgraded win8 in my laptop and it created havoc. live tiles were working but clicking on it didn't opened any apps, neither windows store opened even after tweaking almost every available settings and restarting it several times.

in windows action centre it was showing conflict with kaspersky 2013 even after updating the latter for win8 version. uninstalling kaspersky didn't opened the apps.

this was the first time i had updated a windows version over previous since last 17 years i have always clean installed an updated version and it didn't failed me

For me everything was running well, I clicked on restart to update. After restart I am getting the please wait screen. I have been waiting for almost an hour. Anyone else with such a problem? There is no way to go to safe mode either. any ways to repair using the USB drive that I made during the upgrade process. I am stuck.

I had the same issue on Windows 7 and so for Windows 8 I have created a new partition of around 50GB and I install all apps in that partition. It helps in keeping everything sorted and clean too. :)

Guys sorted it out!!Type - regedit in RUngoto- Hley_LOC_MACH---software-microsoft-windows-appxNow right click that- select permissioonMake sure current Administrator has Full access to it.. else click Advanced and Audit tab and add ur login name and give success and the give FULL ACCESS Now u can change the path From APEXThen dont forget to change this rule!! As this is vulnberable

Secure Boot is a feature being used by some products being shipped preloaded with Windows 8. It is not a requirement. Windows 8 should work on any existing hardware as long as it is capable of running it (performance wise).

Thanks for the reply.Currently i am using Windows XP Professional SP2 32 bit pirated version.Which Version (32bit & 64 bit) of Windows 8 would be better for me?

64bit edition require recent processors. and is recommended only if you have 4GB RAM (or more). you might not be able to upgrade to Windows 7 from a pirated edition. it has worked for a lot of people but microsoft could have fixed the flaw by now. if you want to upgrade, you would most likely get the 32bit build as microsoft does not support upgrades from 32bit windows to 64bit windows from what i understand.