How to upgrade to Windows 8 for just Rs. 699

• Thread starter Thread starter dpkrwt123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 325
  • Views Views 31,335
1. Do not quote posts unnecessarily. 2. You can do little. If you are lucky you would be able to find updated drivers from the manufacturer in the future.

Dear chromaniac,I am a new user.I am confused about do's and donts in this forum.please forgive me.Hereafter I will not qoute posts unnecessarily.

Probably courier. You can order a key online and get the installer from a friend? Microsoft is charging to much for the DVD.

Upgrade Assistant is showing that the price of the dvd is Rs.1060.Are they charging more than this?

lol. that is what i am saying. i would send you a dvd with the installer for 500 bucks :Di mean find someone with a faster internet connection. or download it on your own computer and save the money. the installer can resume download so it's not like you have to do it in one go.

As you suggested i have decided to download windows 8 but before proceeding the transaction Upgrade Assistant is asking for promo code which i have not recieved through e-mail.I cannot proceed further without entering the code.could you please suggest me any solution for this problem?

^Promo code is optional and without promo code you would be charged for Rs.1999. There is no reason that you cannot complete the transaction.

As you suggested i have decided to download windows 8 but before proceeding the transaction Upgrade Assistant is asking for promo code which i have not recieved through e-mail.I cannot proceed further without entering the code.could you please suggest me any solution for this problem?
Wait for the promo code or else sign up for a new promo code using a different mail id. Do not give MS the extra Rs.1300 unnecessarily...:nono: