How to upgrade to Windows 8 for just Rs. 699

• Thread starter Thread starter dpkrwt123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 325
  • Views Views 31,335
^ how to get any such promo code or wait for it ?
now that we know the back door is closed
I hope u can still sign up and get a promo code..not sure. Even if u get it, it only works on already installed genuine version. While upgrading it asks for the product key of the installed old version.

I hope u can still sign up and get a promo code..not sure. Even if u get it, it only works on already installed genuine version. While upgrading it asks for the product key of the installed old version.

Good for me, I have a genuine Windows 7 Home Basic Key that I can use before January 31 :D

...but I purchased it 18 months ago, would that matter? lol

Do the upgrade installation asks for the previous installation serial key ?

Guys, Please go through the entire thread. You would get answers for all your questions. Above questions have already been discussed a lot of times.

yes.. Samuel. Now they are making sure u have activates win 7 key only after Jun 2 :(!! I tested with my friend's key!!!

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS Mate! :(

I got an sms yesterday from bank tht payment I made for Rs.699 license (using paypal) is reversed ..In my paypal account also it shows tht amount as pending .. Not sure wht happened ..

I got win8 for 699 during golden period.Installed it on my laptop as upgrade... took a backup of the esd folder on pen drivemade pendrive bootablethen formatted and installed clean win8tried to use the same key on my other desktopit says the activation server responded back that the key is used on another computer, buy a new key online.As I have used it on laptop already (twice) .... once while purchase as a upgrade and next when clean format and install, third time the error on desktop So I think that the key is now married to the laptop and its hardware for ever.I will have to check if the key is now released after 4 months if old activation and validation rules are still applied on win8.