How to upgrade to Windows 8 for just Rs. 699

• Thread starter Thread starter dpkrwt123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 325
  • Views Views 31,335
Bachpan se. Never spent a rupee on software/games/app.
Mouse bhi cyber cafe se dhaapa hua tha, MS comfort 1000. :P

So you're proud to be one eh!

tsk tsk

Just got this offer & downloaded, thinking if to upgrade on win7 or do a clean install

What is download size?

What is download size?

3.6 GB.

Did an upgrade over win 7 as of now no issues.

I have just ordered a laptop on flipcart which has 7 home basic oem preloaded and also says win 8 upgrade possible for 699. But i have a slow connection, can i get the legit dvd copy for the same price? Anyone please clarify ...

no...better use a 3G data connection of airtel which gives some 30 minutes for few rupees and download it

I have just ordered a laptop on flipcart which has 7 home basic oem preloaded and also says win 8 upgrade possible for 699. But i have a slow connection, can i get the legit dvd copy for the same price? Anyone please clarify ...

microsoft is charigng around 1000 bucks for the official dvd. you can of course get a copy from a friend and use it to install.

microsoft is charigng around 1000 bucks for the official dvd. you can of course get a copy from a friend and use it to install.

Another requirement would be the DVD should be an upgrade DVD and not the retail one, otherwise the key won't work. Correct me if I'm wrong.