How to upgrade to Windows 8 for just Rs. 699

• Thread starter Thread starter dpkrwt123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 325
  • Views Views 31,335
any suggestions on how to fix this?
Yes. There's solution!
Finally I have manged to buy using my HDFC bank debit card.
See confirmationfrom MS
Are pre-paid debit cards accepted?
Yes, pre-paid debit cards are accepted from supported payment types such as Visa or MasterCard. The cards must also be ecommerce enabled for online purchases, capable of cross-currency transactions or purchasing in foreign currency and do not require a pin to complete transactions. Only one form of payment can be used to complete the purchase. Ensure that your card covers the price of the download, the optional upgrade DVD, shipping and handling and applicable taxes. Some cards may also be subject to pre-paid card fees which vary by provider. We recommend that you acquire the card in the country in which you intend to purchase Windows 8 and that you retain the card after your purchase. In case of return or refund, the amount of the refund will be added back to the card used to purchase Windows 8.

You can use your debit card. But the card should not ask for a password or pin on payment. So you should try a virtual debit card which will not ask for a pin on payment.

I have done this using HDFC NetSafe card. I created a virtual card from HDFC Netsafe and used it for payment. Bingo! Got my product key in next screen.

You can try similar services like entropay.com for this, if you are not using a hdfc card.

hi, i tried this method today and the microsoft site is asking for a valid product key without which i cant proceed further.i also tried entering the product key of windows 7 basic OEM (which came with my Dell laptop) but it said the product key entered is not valid for this upgrade offer. any help? has the loophole been closed?

I got two keys from it already, now trying to get it on all my mail ids :p
saarth, you posted this today. how is this possible? when did you get your last key?

Yes, they are blocking old Windows 7 keys. You need to have bought it after June'12
Are there any issues to users who purchased using this method to get it for Rs. 699 instead of Rs. 1,999?

Hmm... Not that I am aware of, but personally I feel they are unlikely to take that much pain to block them.

it would just create a lot of unnecessary bad pr for them. in the end, these users would need to reactivate their windows installation if reinstalled and reactivation might fail because it would seek the older key once again. so there's that.this might not be a problem for people who already have legit win7. but this could be a problem for folks who upgraded from pirated windows 7. just saying.

it would just create a lot of unnecessary bad pr for them. in the end, these users would need to reactivate their windows installation if reinstalled and reactivation might fail because it would seek the older key once again. so there's that.

this might not be a problem for people who already have legit win7. but this could be a problem for folks who upgraded from pirated windows 7. just saying.
Then I'm pretty much safe. :D