How to upgrade to Windows 8 for just Rs. 699

• Thread starter Thread starter dpkrwt123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 325
  • Views Views 31,335
I ordered a Rs 1999 upgrade today, got the upgrade key in email, downloaded the ISO and burned it on a DVD but am yet to install it. Can I postpone the installation of this Windows 8 Pro upgrade now for say next 6-9 months? Will my upgrade key work for activation 6-9 months from now? I'm looking for a firm answer but FAQs are saying this discounted upgrade can be ordered till so and so date but no one is talking about any deadline for installation and activation of upgrade.I ordered to just take the advantage of the ongoing discount. I'd like to upgrade eventually but can't do it right now because some softwares that I use for stock trading are not available for Windows 8 yet. Also, I'm waiting for Office 2013 launch before doing the upgrade.

Yes, even now we are getting reports that Win 8 sales are not upto the expected mark. Now, why would want to mess with a small section of the people who did buy. Several may simply switch back to an older version, and may never buy a genuine Windows again & even consider going for rival platforms like Linux/Mac & even Cloud based OS (Considering the way things might go in future)

I ordered a Rs 1999 upgrade today, got the upgrade key in email, downloaded the ISO and burned it on a DVD but am yet to install it.

Can I postpone the installation of this Windows 8 Pro upgrade now for say next 6-9 months? Will my upgrade key work for activation 6-9 months from now?

I'm looking for a firm answer but FAQs are saying this discounted upgrade can be ordered till so and so date but no one is talking about any deadline for installation and activation of upgrade.

I ordered to just take the advantage of the ongoing discount. I'd like to upgrade eventually but can't do it right now because some softwares that I use for stock trading are not available for Windows 8 yet. Also, I'm waiting for Office 2013 launch before doing the upgrade.

it's an upgrade key. with no validity period. it would work 10 years from now. it would work 20 years from now. you paid for it. it does not matter when you use it.

Well, you can write a will it to bequeath it to someone. But I would say it would be a sad thing if someone would be still needing Windows 8 a decade or so from now. But then again, Admin has mentioned he did get a few visits from Win 98, which is a 15-year old OS.

I ordered a Rs 1999 upgrade today, got the upgrade key in email, downloaded the ISO and burned it on a DVD but am yet to install it.

hey while ordering the 1999 upgrade, did you have to input your windows 7/vista/xp product key?

P.S. - the windows 7 oem sticker on my Dell laptop has worn off and lost. i knw my service tag no and entered it on dell india support. but they dont have any option to ship oem discs and dont even list the original product key that came with my laptop :|
any idea how to get back my original windows 7 product key? (evn the folks on customer care dont provide it)

hey while ordering the 1999 upgrade, did you have to input your windows 7/vista/xp product key?

P.S. - the windows 7 oem sticker on my Dell laptop has worn off and lost. i knw my service tag no and entered it on dell india support. but they dont have any option to ship oem discs and dont even list the original product key that came with my laptop :|
any idea how to get back my original windows 7 product key? (evn the folks on customer care dont provide it)

for finding product key download and install this ...and run
http://www.magicaljellybean.com/downloads/KeyFinderInstaller.exe