HOW TO USE SYROTECH G/EPON SINGLE BAND ROUTER AS A REPEATER

• Thread starter Thread starter shoibbwani
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 9,146
only used as lan to lan connection can't be used as repeater

You can use it as an Access Point only. Not a repeater or wireless range extender.

You have to buy an ethernet cable as long as you need to take it to the desired room/location, and then you can set it up as a regular access point only, with the main router near the ONT/modem.

Dear Pillaicha,
I was planning that if possible I will take a LAN wire from the main router(AIRTEL) and if possible connect the Syrotech GPON/EPON router with it at desired distance possibly ground floor. But since Syrotech router takes PON cable as input but has no WLAN port like other routers. Can I use it anyway as range extender via LAN cable?

You can use it as an Access Point only. Not a repeater or wireless range extender.

You have to buy an ethernet cable as long as you need to take it to the desired room/location, and then you can set it up as a regular access point only, with the main router near the ONT/modem.

Dear Pillaicha,

I was planning that if possible I will take a LAN wire from the main router(AIRTEL) and if possible connect the Syrotech GPON/EPON router with it at desired distance possibly ground floor. But since Syrotech router takes PON cable as input but has no WLAN port like other routers. Can I use it anyway as range extender via LAN cable?

Oh sorry missed that point. yeah there’s possibly no easy way to do what you want to do unless flashing a new firmware is possible. I’m not sure if that is possible or even worth the hassle. You could sell it for around ₹1500 and get a new wireless AP for that price.

Ya that what is my 2nd option to get a budget dual band router,may cost around 1500 as I was checking. There are no resale value in here for Syrotech and mostly ppp rely on other brands.I think it will go waste...

You can try to post an ad here on this forum itself. There’s demand for it but in some places only where the only alternative is to get one from LCO for ₹3K.

Thank you for the suggestion...
ya one of LCO offered me 700 for that...I told him have bought it in around 2.3k...
Anyway thankyou for your help and guidance!

Back