I don't think i'm getting what I was promised

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr. K
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 4,994
Search online for bridge mode of your ONT model.

No luck mate :(

I see that you have an Alphion ONT, unsure how that can be set in bridge mode. Eitherway, are your speeds over WiFi or wired? Try if you are getting better speeds when connected over wired ethernet.

Check if you are getting good speeds at night. Try these links

As others posted BSNL Kerala (possibly other areas as well) is in a bad state right now. During the day the speeds are pathetic. Local endpoints like the one you tested against would show relatively higher speeds, but file downloads may be slow.

On my Airtel gigabit over Wifi I was able to download nearly 1 GB in about a minute. For SGP.

I will also test with CloudFare Warp+. With CF WP+ I was able to download 1.1 GB or so in about a minute.

Speed to BLR without CF WP+ is like 20% faster than to SGP.

I see that you have an Alphion ONT, unsure how that can be set in bridge mode. Eitherway, are your speeds over WiFi or wired? Try if you are getting better speeds when connected over wired ethernet.

As others posted BSNL Kerala (possibly other areas as well) is in a bad state right now. During the day the speeds are pathetic. Local endpoints like the one you tested against would show relatively higher speeds, but file downloads may be slow.

Over Wired (speed tests show above 50Mbps both download and upload)

For the first link Around 7 minutes to download 1 GB
For the 2nd link - 3.5 minutes to download 1 GB ( This is the speed i should get, right ?)

Over WiFi (Speed tests show around 40mbps)

For 1st link - Around 3.5 minutes to download just 150 MB :( (Maxed out at 700kb/s)
For 2nd link - Around 3.5 minutes to download 350 MB (Maxed out at 1.5-1.7 Mb/s)

Alright. So I'm guessing my Router is shit at its job :cautious:.
But why does the speed tests show above35 Mbps over wifi ? I should be getting decent download speed then right ? Are speed tests not reliable ?

@Mr. K Your crap router is overworked. CPU/RAM are overloaded, that's why you're facing these issues via Wi-Fi. Find a way to enable bridge mode though.

On 50 Mbps plans you get 30+, I guess I have to downgrade my plan for this month to get more value for my money(100Mbps is worthless for me right now)

Thats fantastic u know ,i just tried to download this test file and the speeds was super good it maxes out at 33kiloBytes/sec. for a 50 mbps connection 😅 😅 😅

Back