• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,716

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
Dravid among Champions Trophy probables
Rahul Dravid is the surprise inclusion among India's probables for the ICC Champions Trophy in September this year. The selectors picked a longlist of 30 players for the tournament, to be held in South Africa, including Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag and Zaheer Khan.
His inclusion follows the recent struggles of Indian batsmen against short-pitched bowling, brutally shown up in the ICC World Twenty20 where Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, Gautam Gambhir and Yusuf Pathan were troubled by bouncers from the West Indian and England fast bowlers. The problem continued in the subsequent ODI series in the West Indies.

So veterans return back...

:D... selectors becoming sane now.OR atleast for sometime it will appear to be so.

Why still persist with old warhorses? We need the youngsters ready for the 2011 WC. Measures like this won't help.

havent you heard... sachin tendulkar is planning to play the next and the nexter world cup.

Oh, I wasn't even referring to him. I have confidential info which states that he has signed a contract till 2023 to definitely play the WCs. After that, he will take a decision on what he should do next.

heh. i guess we would see india playing his antar aatma in the 2050 world cup.

LOL :hysterical: Possible. PS: Before other folk think I don't like Sachin, let me just clarify that though I am not a fan, I had the opportunity of meeting him once, and it was an amazing experience - something which I will never forget in my life. The fact that the nation's biggest sports icon was with me - even if it was for less than a minute, and was so humble in contrast to the tall arrogant youngster next to him [sixer king] was a great feeling.

^^^Good experience for you :thumbsup:Many former players have welcomed the move to include Dravid, as many believe (and it seems true) that current young brigade is only good at Indian conditions with flat pitches, but at fast & bouncy pitches, team needs somebody like Dravid to hold on the inning. I too feel its good decision for Dravid :bowtoyou:

heh. well i dont dislike the idea of getting dravid back in the team. if jaya can still do wonders for sri lanka, i guess we can have dravid. he is better than half of the players we have in the team. so what the heck!

Dravid is still good for 50 Overs. he d make run a ball score.. And abt Sachin, I ll say again and again if he doesn't play like the old sachin (take risks more) he would fail and fail again.

Back