ICC Champions Trophy 2013 - Final Edition

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 266
  • Views Views 21,741
I guess it was evident with the fact that they got bowled out against India for 65. Not even SAfrica, against India, which can be called a moderate attack at best.

Yeah but I thought they'd brush that aside and come back and hunt with aggression like they did in the past but this team is all soft and fragile just like Shane Warne said.

I think David Hussey , Cameron White or Steve Smith may have been choicex to consider. Also Mitch Marsh at No.6 looks too high, also he bowled 2 overs. Doesnt look ready yet to play as mostly as a batsman. But then even Maxwell in squad cant be predicted.

Coulter Nile instead of Marsh? Though i'm not sure how effective he is with the bat. But Marsh hasn't done anything noteworthy as well. Surprised that David Hussey and Steve Smith is not even part of the squad. For yesterday's game they should've gone with Maxwell since it was a dry wicket and he can bowl his 10 overs. He can be handy with the bat or maybe not.

I believe Coulter-Nile is more of a bowler. But I guess they were forced to choose between Marsh & Maxwell due to Clarke's injury and based on assumed English conditions went for Marsh.
Steve Smith is playing for the A squad against Scotland. Hussey not even in scheme of that. Even Brad Haddin is playing there presumably preparing for the ashes, and he can also be handy bat.

When they were at their peak, I used to hate Australia cos they used to win everytime.
Feel bad for them, they are losing bad now a days. If Watson does not fire, they play like Zimbabwe/Bangladesh
Hope they play better and make the matches interesting

Selection arrogance also played a part in Aussie decline. cameron white hasn't played any intl cricket since world cup, he could have played a big part here since they are lacking in spinning options.
still no word on why they have dropped michael hussey completely from their odi plans. they should have played him as long he could considering their batting lineup is pretty inexperienced

Whatever...
But the articles I read, he seemed to have decided by himself...
http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/story/598950.html
"I've known for a while that I probably wanted to finish at the end of the Australian summer," Hussey told ESPNcricinfo. "I just wanted to see how I felt throughout he summer and my feelings hadn't really changed. I was looking ahead to the India series and the Ashes and I didn't have the same excitement or buzz about the challenges ahead.
"So I knew I was making the right decision because I knew my heart wasn't 100% in spending that amount of time away from home and being excited about the challenges that are going to come forward. Not very many players get to leave on their own terms, so I'm very fortunate in that respect.

Back