ICICI Bank Online Banking is down today...

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 10,293
This is not the proper way to perform maintenance on an online banking system. Do it when the bank is closed or do it during the night. Provide appropriate ETAs. AFAIK other banks do it in a much better way.

i think it is pretty apparent that this is an unscheduled downtime.

i have seen a couple of complaints on twitter related to this since morning.

the link is on p1n that means pinstorm guys tweeted it.

that means the tweet came from their social media team and not their primary online team.

and that means that they were not prepared for this downtime. there were a lot of complaints online. icici bank social media team probably contacted the icici guys. they were told that there are some issues on the servers. and well... they are now showcasing it as a scheduled downtime.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

and since this is an unexpected downtime (daytime on a weekday!)... i guess they have no idea how soon they can bring the system back up. it can be anything. DDoS, hack or whatever. we would never find out the reality though. :D

yep... it looks more like unscheduled downtime portrayed as scheduled.its actually big mistake to say it as scheduled downtime, because if it was scheduled then customer's shud have been informed in advance.customer's can actually sue them now :D

i dont think their online banking has a SLA. ICICI Direct (online trading) might have some SLA (it should!). But i do remember the time when i was having fun (lasted just 2 months before it started getting scary) with online sharing trading on icici direct... the server had frequent downtimes of short times. it was literally frustrating experience. :D

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

hah. ICICI Bank found this thread and tweeted this.

Twitter / ICICI Bank Cares: @broadbandforum You might ...

this tweet makes me fairly angry. their online banking is down. they have confirmed this. and still they say that:

1. You might have experienced fluctuations on our website.
2. Our teams are working on it.
3. We regret the inconvenience caused.

I mean WTF?

Hmm... The icicidirect site is dependent directly on the bank site and if the latter was down, trading might have been a huge issue.

hmm. could be. from what i remember you just need icici bank site to send or receive funds for trading. if you already have funds in your direct account, you might not need your bank account at all. and of course, not everyone using icici direct would have a bank account with icici :| and then icici might be having issues with just the front-end... they would still have the backend functional. blah. too many assumptions. i need to shut up now.

Damn!!! The ICICI netbanking is still not fixed. My two transactions failed while the amount was deducted from my account :huh:. I'll now have to wait for two days for the reversal :wall:Tried calling customer care. But it seems their numbers are flooded with calls. I was holding the line for around 10 mins, but no one responded. Finally disconnected the line.Guys, don't use the ICICI netbanking atleast today. Or your amount will also be stuck like mine.

Why dont they simply block the transaction page when its not working. Why let customer pay and then realize that it has failed.

Finally they've realized the mistake. Their netbanking website is completely down now. I think this would be their longest downtime in their history....

Back