ICICI Online Banking OTP Requirement

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 40,619
Hi Guys .. I am getting this screen everytime I login to the account ..

http://img145.imageshack.us/i/24020772.jpg/

They r sending message everytime and I have to enter the code sent in sms everytime .. Wht is this new drama? wht if one don't get the sms??

I have been having a horrific experience with the OTP. Every single login of mine requires an OTP. I never get a single SMS. I don't have an SMS plan, which means I first tried sending an SMS to fetch the OTP, to the regular 10 digit number. No luck. Finally had to send it to the special number for 3 rupees. I complained to them after being on hold for 15 minutes, and they simply asked me to check with the service provider. Seriously, if that's what I had to do, I would rather go to SBI. Atleast their internet banking works.

Never had any issue with OTP, it's a bit annoying that's true.But, it's for our own safety. I mean they allow you to transfer funds upto 2 Lakh per day. They gotta be careful, right?

I used to put otp whenever it asked me..... But now I have found a way, refresh and try to login again and again, in 2 -3 try it will login like normal... :-)

did u guys thought that was a a spam..???? it works man.:dance:

ok to make it even more easier i use norton 360's inbuilt feature which manages my logins on firefox and internet explorer both and it fills my id and passord automatically and i can login very fast 2-3 times and it ultimately logs me in even if i dont use fill otp and just try to log in again and again.

Never had any issue with OTP, it's a bit annoying that's true.

But, it's for our own safety. I mean they allow you to transfer funds upto 2 Lakh per day.

They gotta be careful, right?

Well, they aren't the first or only bank on earth allowing fund transfer. Moreover ICICI already has probably the toughest NEFT procedure - a separate transaction password, along with the stupid codes from the debit card. Why then this additionaly OTP thing. Even if the security argument is accepted, they need to ensure it works flawlessly, which it doesn't. I rely heavily on online banking and sending an SMS to special numbers for each login is not my idea of convenient banking.

Ah! I forgot that it's the Rant Station :pBut, maybe they are asking for your service operator because of DND registry thing?On Reliance, some people don't get SMS sent from websites.

Nothing like that man. The number is not on DND. For that matter, I get all other alerts from ICICI like balance, cheque etc. Just not the OTP. Common sense indicates that itis a problem with their OTP system. They might not be prepending a 91 or something like that

@Sushubh Please visit any of the nearest branch to register for Mobile Alerts. Currently, we do not provide the facility of e-mail alerts for credit and debit transactions for general savings account.

so they do not offer email alerts for transactions on savings account. and i would have to visit their branch to get mobile alerts activated? :|

I have been facing this problem for a while as well.I don't mind it happening once in a while. It happens to me on EVERY login. God knows what they mean by "they detected a change in access parameters".After I complained, they said , enable flash player and such nonsense things.The fact is the same computer, same browser, works fine for another family member of mine (without getting OTP).On informing them so, don't know what they did, I stopped receiving the OTP SMS altogether - which means I can't even login now.

Back