ICICI Online Banking OTP Requirement

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 40,619
Hi Guys .. I am getting this screen everytime I login to the account ..

http://img145.imageshack.us/i/24020772.jpg/

They r sending message everytime and I have to enter the code sent in sms everytime .. Wht is this new drama? wht if one don't get the sms??

It's all BS u know .. if there is any cc fraud tht transaction should be reversed and no question asked .. as simple as tht ..There is no such BS mandatory in US and other countries .. still they r biggest users of plastic money ..Verified of visa and Mastercard r optional and in no way mandatory there ..Banks in India r trying to put the onus on consumers by showing tht there r so many checks so if any fraud then u r liable to pay ..

heh yeah. they have made it so complicated now. i mean if i am on the road... using mchek is now a pain to deal with. and for non-techie folks, they have made it awful to do online shopping!

Yeah guys I again got tht screen .. There surely is something new they r trying ..This time I didn't entered the OTP code and just closed the window .. after tht I tried to login again and it went through to my account page without showing tht OTP screen .

So it seems I was right :happy:
They have confirmed now on the login screen too ..
But what are "internet banking access parameters" ?

i guess a major difference in IP parameters?

Hi,

We have introduced OTP in online banking for enhancement in security of customer's account. Please write to us at [email protected] to give us your feedback on any problem that you are facing.

Regards,
ICICI Bank Customer Service Team.

Hi Guys .. I am getting this screen everytime I login to the account ..

http://img145.imageshack.us/i/24020772.jpg/

They r sending message everytime and I have to enter the code sent in sms everytime .. Wht is this new drama? wht if one don't get the sms??

Damn!!! And i thought i was the only one getting this thing. The main problem is that the OTP password SMS never comes fast most of the times. Sometimes it takes 4 - 5 minutes and sometimes even 10 minutes to get this. The only workaround I've found which worked for me most of the time is to cancel the transaction and do it using an alternate browser and this page won't come at all. E.g. if i used IE and this occurred, close it and do it in Firefox and vise versa.Anyway I'm closing my ICICI account this month as the company which I joined wants an HDFC or AXIS Bank account for crediting salary. I've selected HDFC.

Even i am getting this , every time when i try to login my account i've been asked to enter OTP , i' m getting OTP password sms quickly to mobile number.

I got this again when i tried to recharge my prepaid mobile number from MOBIKWIK.COM after entering my mobile number & amt i selected icici bank internet banking for payment after that i was redirected to icici bank where i entered user id and pwd and again i got this stupid page to ENTER OTP.

How many should i remember and how steps should i follow to do transactions??
1) user id
2) pwd
3) OTP
4) transaction pwd
5) lastly debit card grid values

BY that time session expries and transaction will be failed

ICICI bank should remove this OTP for net banking users , i think 2 are enough for security i.e. transaction pwd and debit card grid values. I didn't do any unusual activity , don't know why i am promoted to enter OTP.

ANOTHER PROBLEM

i am unable to register my icici bank visa debit card with ICICI BANK 3D secure service.

Earlier icici bank used to ask 2 enter internet banking password on 3D page but from April 1st they wanted us to create a new PIN for debit card payments.

Some merchants like OXICASH don't have option of icici net banking for payments, they have payments only with icici bank debit card

http://img508.imageshack.us/i/errorur.jpg/

I'm getting same error for last 20 days when i tried to register my visa debit card , tried with my father's card , my aunt's card and my card but same error . Contacted customer care but no use.

I will close my account if problem persists.

Back