India Against Spam: Report spam SMS on Google Android!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 484
  • Views Views 35,328
I tried this app for a week. Once I report, I get SMS from Airtel that I will be receiving service request in 24 hours. But nothing happens after that. I just keep getting new spam messages.I think I'll get back to my regular SMS blocker

What u r talking about is just a Tactical solution, and not a permanent one. The spam sender doesnt really care if u have blockers installed or not. Blocker just blocks the message from coming into ur view IMO.

@Kattu..I think you are getting this app completely wrong.. Its only for reporting purpose, this app format and submit the spam sms for reporting according to TRAI standard, thats it.. Rest depend on the provider.

But some users have reported that they received sms from operators that action was taken against the spammer . I don't get any confirmation like that

That depends on ur Service Provider. U cant expect an App to actually go ahead disconnecting the spam sender's number.

Haha I understand that boss. My question was :is there some feedback we get on the complaint. If I don't get a feedback or status what's the point in complaining

Yep. But then u can raise a complaint with ur Provider to know the status of ur complaint. I m sure they must be sending u a complaint number. Again, even if they didnt send that, may be u can follow up with them based on the date & time of the confirmation they sent u.When i was in Idea i had even worse experience than this - they bluntly refused to take any action against the spammer. I kicked their rear & moved into Vodafone! :D Let the service provider know that if they are not serious in acting against the telemarketers, then the consumer might runaway just for that reason.

Yep. I am not getting any complaint number. That's the question I raised in the the first place. :-) Thanks for the details.

Back