India v West Indies 2013

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 173
  • Views Views 13,604
^^^ Like you said below for Shami, lets hold praise to Rohit Sharma till SA tour :)
mhsabir said:
I will hold on for a while. Munaf Patel also debuted with 4 wickets and we all know where he went from there...

Credit where it's due. The guy is playing superbly and we do need good batsman in SA. Cant see West indies coming back into the match so should be a win for India with 3 days left.

harry10 said:
Credit where it's due. The guy is playing superbly and we do need good batsman in SA.
You've got to be kidding me. Nohit ain't that guy. His feet don't move. You've got to to have good feet movement when there is help for the fast bowlers. Remember last year when Pakistan toured India they won the one day series, they dismantled Indian top order in all the three matches. Nohit was there, he flopped once again, everyone flopped except dhoni but Gambhir was ousted, not nohit. This team India should be called team dhoni instead, as his favorite players always find a spot in the top 11. Now India has to play more than 10 test matches abroad after the mumbai test, we'll see how good the team really is. Don't forget dhoni had lost consecutive 8 test matches in a row in England & Australia.

Water under the bridge. This is a different team which lost 8 matches in a row. SA is a very difficult tour. More than batting the problem is our bowling. Anyways let's stay on topic of current series.

varun120 said:
Now India has to play more than 10 test matches abroad after the mumbai test, we'll see how good the team really is. Don't forget dhoni had lost consecutive 8 test matches in a row in England & Australia.
Very good point.This is a serious statement that needs to be considered.They must prove themselves overseas.Till then we should shut our mouth.

harry10 said:
SA is a very difficult tour. More than batting the problem is our bowling. Anyways let's stay on topic of current series.
I beg to differ, mate. You'll see our batting collapse in SA. The thing is SA doesn't defeat their opponents, they annihilate them. England, New Zealand & Pakistan were bowled out below hundred more than once. Our fast bowling is not a big issue. Those pitches will help our seamers too.On those pitches if we could get more than 300 runs in our first innings then we could challenge them. But yes the focus should be on this series firstly.

I don't think we will be annihilated. But ya will get into discussion once that series approaches

Back