India v West Indies 2013

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 173
  • Views Views 13,604
Second Indian to score 150 on debut. Previous one was earlier this year, Shikhar Dhawan.

Partnership more than Windies 1st innings score.
Highest 7th wicket partnership for India ever.
Rohit needs 20 more to become most runs by an Indian debutant, going past Shikhar Dhawan.
Ashwin needs 23 more to become highest scorer at No.8 by an Indian. All 3 top scores have come at kolkata in the last 3 years or so. The other top two are from Dhoni.
Permaul strikes on arrival. 177 from Rohit.

I beg to differ, mate. You'll see our batting collapse in SA. The thing is SA doesn't defeat their opponents, they annihilate them. England, New Zealand & Pakistan were bowled out below hundred more than once. Our fast bowling is not a big issue. Those pitches will help our seamers too.On those pitches if we could get more than 300 runs in our first innings then we could challenge them. But yes the focus should be on this series firstly.
There are only two possibilities in SA, either there would be an Indian collapse or CSA would make flat pitches so that the Indians can score tons of runs by which the matches would last all 5 days and they would earn from crowds and television sponsorship. I remember before the 2003 WC India went to NZ, the Indian team would complete an innings within a session cos of the lively pitches there, match was over in 3 days, NZ suffered huge losses and the next time India travelled to NZ the pitches were just like India. BCCI keeps bullying the cricket board that they are not left with much option and try their best to make us feel at home, even sending their chief Haroon Lorgat on a leave cause the BCCI has issues with him.

Windies 152/6. Now only question remains is will Sachin be able to bat again.
Shami has taken 3 wickets, looks like it is debutants game for India

So who will be the man of the match. Rohit I guess. Though, I would love Shami to get it, its been a while since an Indian seamer got a Man of the match in India

Back