India v West Indies 2013

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 173
  • Views Views 13,587
Should be Shami. Ashwin may also be in the race for all around performance. Also did Narine drop himself or was it one of those ridiculous decision from the selectors?
Shami gets the five fer. India wins the first of the farewell test series.

lol yeah. I was thinking why is Narine not playing, along with the other seamers. Frankly, the bowling looks ordinary, compared to their own bowlers.
India might escape in SAfrica only because as someone mentioned, that they make easier pitches to make 5-day earnings.

v1v14n said:
There are only two possibilities in SA, either there would be an Indian collapse or CSA would make flat pitches so that the Indians can score tons of runs by which the matches would last all 5 days and they would earn from crowds and television sponsorship. I remember before the 2003 WC India went to NZ, the Indian team would complete an innings within a session cos of the lively pitches there, match was over in 3 days, NZ suffered huge losses and the next time India travelled to NZ the pitches were just like India. BCCI keeps bullying the cricket board that they are not left with much option and try their best to make us feel at home, even sending their chief Haroon Lorgat on a leave cause the BCCI has issues with him.
I agree with you. BCCI can do anything. This also could mean that I'll never be able to trust Indian team's rmatch results as BCCI can rig the series altogether. I won't be watching India's matches after Sachin retires, as I don't like anybody in our team now.

Cricinfo: [color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12.800000190734863px;]"Shami should thank James faulkner because if that famous 30 run over had not happened, Shami would still be carrying drinks."[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12.800000190734863px;]So true, aussie's did a big favor to us by finishing ishant's and vinay's career[/color]
mhsabir said:
lol yeah. I was thinking why is Narine not playing, along with the other seamers. Frankly, the bowling looks ordinary, compared to their own bowlers.
India might escape in SAfrica only because as someone mentioned, that they make easier pitches to make 5-day earnings.
Narine is not selected for the whole test squad. they must arranged the bowling lineup w.r.t paying tribute to sachin. otherwise there's no reason given by them to not select the main bowlers

And like I said before, I doubt we will get to see him play 100 balls. He played 24 in this one. So, I am guessing max. 75 in Mumbai.

And like I said before, I doubt we will get to see him play 100 balls. He played 24 in this one. So, I am guessing max. 75 in Mumbai.
Judging by West indies performance he may get only one innings there also.So brilliant performance by Shami. He, Ashwin and Rohit should all be MoM. This has to be weakest windies team I had ever seen. Even Bangladesh may give them a tough fight. As Mumbai will be a turning pitch expect match ending sooner. Btw Ishant Sharma must be crying in dressing room ;)

Back