India vs England: 5 ODIs - Jan 11 to Jan 27

and all of them in the indian subcontinent :)

Dhoni's Thumb before the game, much better now...https://yfrog.com/g0ieedej:iPhone

IT was a brave decision by Dhoni to take Rohit in playing and asking him to open the batting...

I think he would play better as an opener than a middle order batsman. I am not saying this because he was successful yesterday but i am confident that he would cement his place in this indian side as an opener....

Frankly speaking, it was nothing more than a gamble, which pays off for him in dire situations. A guy like Rohit......is as much a misfit as an opener, as a female driving a car. For being an opener, u shud be able to negotiate the swinging ball well. Rohit.....he doesnt even do that in the 10th over or even the 30th over!

Sachin started as a middle order batsman in ODI but later opened in ODI's for India but he was never comfortable to open the batting for india in Test MAtches....

The tragic part is that India is unlikely to be playing ODIs after this series, till around June. Which in other words would mean Rohit likely opening in Champions Trophy, and Sehwag or anyone else may still miss out.

Well, i am concerned he scored 83 and has cemented the place blocking the future chances of deserving payers who struggle to get even one ODI to play.

The tragic part is that India is unlikely to be playing ODIs after this series, till around June. Which in other words would mean Rohit likely opening in Champions Trophy, and Sehwag or anyone else may still miss out.

Now one can only hope he gets injured in ipl or gets "caught" like rahul sharma that ended his career

Back