India vs England: 5 ODIs - Jan 11 to Jan 27

^ Anderson and Broad are not good limited overs bowlers TBH. They would have been under the hammer as well. We saw what happened at The Oval, Southampton and Lords.

Ashish is absolutely right.TBH, 250 is enough to defend against this current Indian side.They look shaky every time when they chase 250+.There were a few chances for the English side today and one of them was the Finn's dislodging of stumps that was given as a dead ball which i think was a bit harsh decision otherwise this young Indian side would have been struggling.

Out of 93 ODI's, Broad has played 58 matches at home and he has picked up 76 wickets which means more than half at home and has picked up 24 wickets at sub continent and James Anderson has picked up 103 wickets at home out of 222 wickets and has played 73 home games. Anderson has 31 wickets at sub continent and he went wicketless during the 08 ODI series with an economy of 6.31 for the four games he played. Broad on the other hand picked up 7 wickets during that series with an economy rate of 6.30. Anderson didn't play last time. Even we went in with relatively inexperienced bowling attack against a very decent batting line up with Cook, Bell and KP in form. Their middle order was weak but our whole team was considered to be weak when we went into this ODI series. And also Anderson was rested rather injured. England got themselves to blame. And the case now is that we have won the series and the Anderson-Broad situation is just contempt.

your are forgetting Swann, one of the best spinners in the world currently.Broad has an Avg of around 27, anderson around 30. now compare this to the likes of dernbach who has 39, bresnan 37 now you know the difference.

Their overall average is really good but what i'm saying is Broad and Anderson have not been as effective in sub continent as their average suggests. They have even failed against Bangladesh couple of times. One at home, one at abroad. Once while chasing, once while defending. Swann played in the world cup game and didn't play the one at Bristol I reckon Broad didn't play the world cup game and played at Bristol. My assumption is that they can't be as effective as the Pakistani attack. At one stage, the Anderson-Broad-Swann attack will fail is my assumption. And the reason being that they don't know how to operate in limited overs game in sub continent.

If these guys are in a mood to play, then i dont think any bowler in the world cud matter to them. But the problem is - Mood. They have been blinded by money, and they play at will......if they think they might sacrifice I.P.L by taking some step, then they wont take it.

IT was a brave decision by Dhoni to take Rohit in playing and asking him to open the batting...

I think he would play better as an opener than a middle order batsman. I am not saying this because he was successful yesterday but i am confident that he would cement his place in this indian side as an opener....

Oppan Dhoni Style....:smile:

Back