India vs England: 5 ODIs - Jan 11 to Jan 27

And the 1st wicket goes. India's drought of century runs opening partnership continue. They last had one in 2011.And they just had two 50+ partnerships in 2012 (52 & 54)

And now Gambhir goes. I guess this is the beginning of an all familiar story.

Some Gautam from Delhi asked Gavaskar on tips to get out of prolonged bad form. Is that our very own Gambhir? :p

At the presentation ceremonyMS Dhoni: "It was difficult but we should have got there. It was close to 280 or 290 [with the quick outfield] rather than looking at it as 320-odd. Maybe I should have batted a few more overs. There was a situation in the middle when it looked they would have scored 340, spinners got us back. It is a new batch of bowlers, not experienced in international cricket. You have to make sure someone bats at one end and others rotate around him. I won't sound arrogant but it seemed easy when I and Raina were in, with five fielders in the circle. But once we fell, it was difficult."That was some cocky attitude

At the presentation ceremony
MS Dhoni: spinners got us back.

He meant spinners meant -- His Jadeja and Raina!

Dhoni again leading from front!!!He is making it difficult to selectors to drop him from Team and Captaincy by his performance in last few matches.

His ODI position has never been in doubt. His batting in the other forms & captaincy is what people are questioning. But yes, playing well in ODIs has caused the selectors think twice before they make any decision.

Back