Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 47,975
i do not think dhoni would have appreciated if sachin, saurav, rahul being the seniors in the team starts giving their own suggestions to the juniors in the team while he is the captain. the captain needs to have the last word on what goes on the field. he has the right to ignore any advice given to him by his team or the coach or the management on the field. ganguly has his own share of personality issues. and we all know how he was thrown out of the indian cricket team.as long as they are dealing with the captain to get their message delivered, i do not see any problem in that. but bypassing the captain to tell junior players what to do? does not look like good teamwork to me. sachin taking ball from azhar's hands... he is dealing with the captain. if he is taking the ball from another bowler without informing the captain first? i would consider it a very poor behavior on his part.

praveen kumar also did just the same with dhoni a couple of years back ..........ditto.he is not even a senior. i think we ppl have a lot of misconception about what happens on the ground in reality. dhoni cannot say shit to any senior at all. even if any 1 does that to him.ashish just shows that in a previous video how nehra abused dhoni.

You guys have mis interpreted what Ashish said.He meant your(toocool's) youtube vid was inconclusive and posted that for showing an example.

I would say it all depends on the context, if the bowler was making some mistakes and a senior player (Zaheer does it all the time) walks up & says something that would help it is ok, but randomly asking bowlers to change something is not cool. Similarly, Dravid-Ganguly thing, I would say it depends on the context.

Badrinath himself is of almost retiring age now

He is going to be 32. If he is able to maintain fitness levels(which I hear are better than many youngsters) & play well, I dont see any issue with him playing for another 4-5 years. Robin Singh made proper entry in the team at the age of 33 (after a one-off debut at 26). Misbah, Hussey, Hayden are examples of players who made a mark for their teams after hitting 30+.

Back