Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 47,973
He won't play the first test. He has retired with immediate effect.Really sad to see him go. He certainly deserved to play more. Two average series overseas and people started saying that he has lost his touch. He still is better than all those young middle order batsmen out there. And he had found his form too, he scored two tons recently in domestic cricket.But still the fact is that he has retired and it leaves huge problems for the Indian middle order. I don't think any player can fill the spot he has left vacant. He was the match winner in a true sense, will certainly miss him.He is one of the only three extremely dignified Indian cricketers I have seen, the other two being Rahul Dravid and Anil Kumble. Will certainly miss him.

He should have made the announcement right after OZ series like dravid. Why all the the drama to get selected for the NZ series and then not playing the 1st test at his HomeTown. It seemed like he wanted to score a point with the selectors.He even took a /jibe at dhoni saying he was very difficult to reach, Indicating he was forced to retire

Now since Laxmans gone .. my line up will be 1)Sehwag 2) Rahane 3) Pujara 4) Tendu 5) Kohli 6) Gambhir 7) Dhoni and 4 bowlers .. Why I have put Gambhir as low as 6 is because Indias middle order is very new now .. So Gambhir will lend some experience at that slot .. It wont be easy now at all for India and their dominance at home can easily be ended .. Maybe NZ & Aus wont win the series but England can definately beat us now at home .. I was hoping to see Tiwary in that test line up since Laxmans gone maybe he will be selected now lets see ... Raina can also be a good bet but hes very aggresive for a test player and that doesent help since Dhoni himself plays test cricket senselessly so we need someone who will give more balance ...

Lolss Pakistan players never age man .. Even Abdul Razzaq is only 30 now even though he started playing in late 90s ..

Back