Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 48,027
For that Azhar himself shud be ready. And then he shud play few Ranji's to prove that he is still capable.Not to forget he is 49 year old!! So probably may not be fit for cricket anymore.

Sachin gone

230/6 :(

He will be back in 48 hrs...

India would struggle to 300 & England would cruise to 500. I guess we can expect this "transitional" phase for another 2-3 years.

Its not transitional. Its sheer lack of application, and sheer lackadaisical approach to the game. Thanks to the quick buck that is guaranteed to them, which is followed blindly by people all over the nation.Sehwag, GG, Dhoni, Yuvraj are not transitional. Kohli is coming on the back of stellar form in ODIs. Ashwin, Ojha - mix of T20 & some domestic bowling. Sachin - well transitional to the extent that he is hopefully moving to the end of his career.There simply are no excuses for this sort of performance.

I was meaning it as more of a phase wherein different players would be tried out for a while, till we get more settled players. Like how guys like Dighe, Karim, Dasgupta were tried before settling on Dhoni. Guys like Jaffer, das, Chopra before settling on Gambhir etc.

Yeah fine. That still can apply for Kohli, Pujara, Ojha, Ashwin.......but the rest still are there since many years now.

Well Yuvraj's place isn't really settled/assured despite playing for so long. Not saying others are, but atleast relatively speaking. Tendulkar, Zaheer I would count as on the way out - So their slots would "soon" be part of the transitional phase.

Back