Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 47,968
I wanted India to bat until Day 4 and they have done it. Didn't really expect Dhoni and Kohli would stage the fightback. For both of them it was their best test inning that they have ever played given the situation and conditions. Noob move by Dhoni really. He only had himself to blame. Deserved a Century. And did Kohli get a inside edge? He just quietly walked away but it looked as if there was a inside edge.Day 4 is down and out and so is Team India. With England's potent lower middle order and the lead they got and the way the pitch is behaving, they should be able to draw this test and win the series as well. So much for the revenge series!

The only question now remains is whether have we already seen Sachin bat for the last time in international cricket.

The only question now remains is whether have we already seen Sachin bat for the last time in international cricket.

I don't think so. I have a feeling that he will retire after the Australia series.

^^I am not expecting him to retire so soon...Still something is left in him...:welcoming:

Five -- four -- three -- two -- one ...England have declared, the match is drawn and a 2-1 series win is confirmed. England's first in India since 1984-85. Wow

No matter that this match ended in such downbeat fashion, this is a result fully worth the hype. England have ended India's eight-year run without a series defeat at home and become the first touring side to come from behind and secure victory since they last did it in 84-85. Revenge is apparently a dish best served cold but it seems as if India accidently left it in the deep freeze, instead. There will surely be recriminations and machinations for the India team but for England and Alastair Cook, in his first series as official captain, this is a moment to drink in. There's lots of hugging and fist-pumping on the team balcony, as well as handshakes for the opposition ...

Back