Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 47,964
And we need good selectors and not puppets of Mr.Srinivasan!

Did ya'll just forget about the leggie that played in this game or just pretending? What happened to Mishra? He can SPIN the freakin ball and much better batsman as well! Oh man!

We don't need the "SPIN"..We have "SPINNERS"...The britains cracked the code of our spinnersWe need consistent "BATSMEN"...Like Dravid,Laxman...

^ I'm talking about this particular test mate. Why the hell was he chosen? And the worst part is he comes out and says no need to panic! When he came into the series he was averaging like 48 while Mishra was somewhere around 23 and Mishra has played some test matches as well.

^^^^ If Chawla is a Cashew Nut, Mishra is a Pea Nut.

My View - I dont see there is any good guy or alternative for Dhoni...Sehwag, Gambhir are out of form they have to sement their place in playing 11 first which also includes Kohli...Forget about Sachin....Who else is left?

It's only when that Sehwag and Gambhir are out of form that the team loses and only then people think of changing the captain. When the two are in form, the team does well and nobody obviously asks for changing the skipper. So going by your logic that neither of the two shall lead the team because they are out of form means that they can never become the captain.

I am talking about the present...

Even in the past Dhoni's captaincy has been intact due to the good form of openers. Sehwag was in prime form, was ICC #1 batsman and scored 13 50+ scores in 2008 (a world record) which included 5 tons. It's only then that India became number 1 too.
And at one point of time Gambhir scored 4 or 5 consecutive tons in as many games.

Nobody asked for a change of skipper as the team was winning, thanks to the openers. Now the two fail, change of captain is demanded and you say that either of them don't deserve to be the skipper because they are out of form. Of this is how Indian cricket works then they can never lead the side.

And Virat should undoubtedly lead the limited overs team. A ton in the last game of a pathetic series and people put forth his name for test skipper. He isn't even a certainty in the team with players like Rahane and Tiwary eyeing a spot in the middle order.

Back