Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 47,964
All 3 need to be dropped... They just havent been consistent enough for the past 3-4 years. Its only in subcontinent teams that you can survive with so many failures.

I am talking about the media and the other cricketing expert...

A radical decision would be to bring in a successful captain/performer at a domestic level (Need not be leading run scorer) & ask him to lead the Test side for the next 2-3 years (Most likely he will be in the 30s).

Mr. Amarnath who being a selector has said that he wanted Dhoni to be sacked as a captain and as a Test Player...he cites that Dhoni has not performed in Tests for the last 18 months...I wanted to ask him... this should have been applicable to the great Tendulkar...Why he has is not discussing about MR. Tendulkar in Open Forum...

Just have a non playing captain. Problem solved.

We already have a non playing - Dhoni. He is in the team just for namesake.

Well you cannot claim that the non playing captain is not performing on the field!

Even in the past Dhoni's captaincy has been intact due to the good form of openers. Sehwag was in prime form, was ICC #1 batsman and scored 13 50+ scores in 2008 (a world record) which included 5 tons. It's only then that India became number 1 too.
And at one point of time Gambhir scored 4 or 5 consecutive tons in as many games.

Nobody asked for a change of skipper as the team was winning, thanks to the openers. Now the two fail, change of captain is demanded and you say that either of them don't deserve to be the skipper because they are out of form. Of this is how Indian cricket works then they can never lead the side.

And Virat should undoubtedly lead the limited overs team. A ton in the last game of a pathetic series and people put forth his name for test skipper. He isn't even a certainty in the team with players like Rahane and Tiwary eyeing a spot in the middle order.

U think it was just the Openers who did it? Well if that was the case, then why play 11 players? Just ask the 2 to get into the field, and they will win it. Dont forget the contributions that the middle order has made when the 2 have failed. In fact, they didnt even click well in SA too - especially, the test we won in Durban. Gambhir was a sitting duck of Morkel. And Sehwag....well he isnt made for pitches like SA. It was the middle order who used to drive it.

We already have a non playing - Dhoni. He is in the team just for namesake.

Well, try searching a better keeper than him first. Lets see if u can do that in the current situation.

And yes I the openers played a huge part. I'm taking about the time when India reached the number 1 spot. The only 3 guys who piled up runs were Sehwag, Gambhir and Sachin.

Back