Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 47,962
Well there are many better wicketkeepers than Dhoni. If you feel that he is the best we have currently then I feel sorry for you.

Name just 1.

And yes I the openers played a huge part. I'm taking about the time when India reached the number 1 spot. The only 3 guys who piled up runs were Sehwag, Gambhir and Sachin.

Dont look at that point in time itself. Its not like on November 15 these guys batted well, and on November 16 India was no.1 due to that.

It all started since way back in 2007 or so. And it was the whole team that played well, and not just the openers. If u can show me 10 innings from Sehwag or Gambhir, i can give u 10 innings where they failed & still India went on strong. Opening is important. But u dont win matches on the back of it. And then the run at no.1 lasted till around mid 2011. Gambhir was anyways out of form since he reached no.1 in start of 2010. He played badly against the visiting African team & he has slid down since then in Tests. Neither was Sehwag in that great a form. Still India stayed no.1 for 1.5 years.

Well there are many better wicketkeepers than Dhoni. If you feel that he is the best we have currently then I feel sorry for you.

Well i have not seen any...

We already have a non playing - Dhoni. He is in the team just for namesake.

IF this is the case there would be competition...as the whole of indian team is eligible for this post...

I am sorry to say this current indian team especially the seniors they dont have any enthu level or i dont see any interest levels of them in the field for the last 18 months...which includes Sehwag, Gambhir, Sachin and Zaheer...

And yes I the openers played a huge part. I'm taking about the time when India reached the number 1 spot. The only 3 guys who piled up runs were Sehwag, Gambhir and Sachin.

Well thanks to them...but what have they done for the last 18 months...have they taken up any responsibilities of India's defeat...

What are they doing in the last 18 months...bat karao...gilli ud jatha hai..go back to the dressing room...India All out..stay in the field for 2 days with out interest...innigs declare...wapaas gillig ud jatha..India lost again...

It was rather bad cricket from Indian team. And thats a case since quite some time now. Dont know when & how this trend will change.

Couple of seamers were selected based on the ranji performance and Sandeep Sharma wasn't considered! Hmm.

Jadeja scores 50 in second innings as well. Awana & Chawla also score half centuries, hope the selectors have told them why they are selected though.

And Mishra scores 202* the day he is selected.

I hope they play all the new guys they are picking. Rayudu, B.Kumar, Shami...

But then at the international level, they commit suicides literally! Whats the use?

Back