Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 47,962
Pakistan in India 2012-13 : BCCI photo agency ban affects Pakistan tour | Cricket News | Global | ESPN Cricinfo

International news agencies have suspended coverage of Pakistan's cricket tour of India - the first in five years - over the BCCI's decision to bar some of their photo counterparts.

The blackout continued a stand-off with the BCCI that first began during England's Test series in India in November and which shows no signs of being resolved.

News outlets said they would not be filing any text or pictures after the BCCI again refused to accredit the international picture agencies Getty Images and Action Images as well as two Indian agencies. Some news organisations, including ESPNcricinfo, that have depended on these agencies have used the pictures made available on the BCCI website.

The BCCI's stance is based upon the belief that it has a monopolistic right to all commercial revenue from photographic coverage of the games it stages, immediate news coverage apart. Support is coming from behind the scenes from key commercial figures in Cricket Australia.

But good debut by Bhubneshwar - he was the only silver lining in India's performance today.

I still am surprised..i stopped looking at the match when india was 122 for 6...I thought India would pretty much loose the game..which they did actually..but gave a good fight..!!

They all perform to their moods. Today Ishant, Rahane, and to an extent, Gambhir, were in mood. Bhuvaneshwar - first game, somehow it got channelised, and he delivered it as well. But the question is - is he the first Indian bowler to have such a rollicking start to his career? Certainly not. With time, even he will be the same i believe.

Terrific performance by the seam bowlers especially Ishant and Kumar. I just hope that this lad doesn't get into the list of RP, Praveen, Aaron and now Yadav. Ishant finally gets that leg cutter going and if he does that consistently, he could be a menace. Even Dinda did well at the death. Again, poor selection by Dhoni by picking up Jadeja instead of Awana on a green top. STAY AWAY FROM INJURY AND DO NOT LOSE YOUR RHYTHM will be everybody's message.

But didnt u see how Awana bowled against England? If he was picked, and he failed today too, u we wud have said "Awana made a mess against England, and still he was picked". Also, Pakistani spinners were still effective, so it wasnt a gone case for spin.

Back