[initial impression]New Airtel Xtreme connection in Jharkhand

ISP
BSNL
Airtel Xtreme (LCO)
V! (cellular)
BSNL (cellular)
I've been using BSNL fiber since last 2 years. That connection has given me a lot of "heartburn" over the course of its usage. So when I saw an opportunity to replace my existing ISP to airtel, i grabbed it with both hands.
I think airtel is using the LCO model for launching its services in my city because the airtel website still shows 'invite now' while its my OLD LCO that did the installation
and his staff came to do the installation of router. But the guy who came for the registration and KYC was a different guy and he said that he wasn't affiliated with the LCO.

Now regarding the connection itself. I saw the ad and called the number provided on the advert, a guy came the very next day and explained all the plans. He explained that if I paid 3 months advance rental, installation and router cost will be waived off. So I opted to pay for 3 months rental advance. I opted for the 799 plan . He filled out all the details on his phone and I received an OTP and payment link on my phone. I had to pay INR 2829. (799*3 + 18% GST)
The next day fiber was installed. The router was installed 2 days later and activated within minutes (unlike my BSNL experience which had taken ~14 days)

Source
[router/modem]

The router/modem given to me is a Nokia router. Hope its better than the optilink one that my LCO had sold me last time.

For now the speeds are ok. The pings are similar to slightly worse than what BSNL gave me on a good day. I'll keep the post updated regarding the stability and other issues later on.

can we have some pings speedtest etc

Airtel seems awful in terms of pings BSNL a little better , by the way looking at your Airtel pings looks like you are also getting a far off gateway!

yes, my gateway seems to be in lucknow, nearly 750km away

My Airtel and BSNL pings on meter.net
1st two are airtel and last 2 are BSNL

Source

Last edited:
u live where in jharkhand?i dont think its available in most part of jharkhand like it was not available in ranchi 2-3 months back airtel fiber

Airtel has launched Xstream fiber in Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Dhanbad, Hazaribagh and Bokaro (all LCO based) as far as i know. @iwantfreeinternet have you faced any downtime (non-LCO) ? I want to get Airtel in Ranchi and keep my current Railwire connection as backup. My Railwire LCO has very poor service.

Last edited:

Back