• Thread starter Thread starter frankmehta
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 15,607

frankmehta

Frank Mehta
ISP
Sify Broadband
i have the vodafone iPhone 3g 16gb bought from the original vodafone store but i dont know if the 199 rupee vodafone mobile connect plan works with it..as everyone knows, the earlier unlocked ip[hones could connect to the network with this plan..but the problem here is that iphone has locked the gprs settings on the iphone so one cant change them, since the fact that they are only offering 499 and 799 as their data plans..any idea whether i can use the 199 rupee plan for connecting???????

I was not able to get the 8GB to work with my existing vodafone 199 plan - ended up having to get the 499 plan. Hope that helps.

thanx.....
i just fired an email to vodafone....
correction: make that 4 emails and 12 phone calls!!!!!
about the discrepancy between the airtel and vodafone data plans

TROUBLED BY iPhone 3G DATA PLANS: PLEASE READ.. THIS IS THE NTH EMAIL FROM ME

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 4:14 AM
To: Vodafonecare Mum
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Data plans on iPhone 3g locked with Vodafone India

Dear Sir/Madam,
As an old customer of your service, I have been very happy generally and, save for a few niggles and teething problems in my preliminary stages, I have enjoyed unparalleled services from Vodafone. This is what prompted me to buy the 'network'
locked iphone 3g from a distributor in Mumbai. The phone is functioning fine and u appreciate the wonderful innovation that it brings with it.
Now, after paying 36 thousand rupees for a mobile device, one would be rarely dissatisfied with his/her purchase, which I'm not but of late I have seen ads from Airtel stating that one year of internet at 500 mb per month is being provided by them at the purchase of the iPhone for the next one year.
You do the math.
500x12=6000mb for airtel Airtel iPhone
Zero mb from Vodafone
According to the data plan in Vodafone the same data would cost rs 500*12=6000 rs This setback is faced by all Vodafone iPhone buyers who have decided to stick it out and support the service despite the fact that number portability may soon arrive, making it mandatory for all operators to have more or les same data and voice plans As an iPhone 3g is PRIMaRILY for Internet and data, the monthly cost of 500 rupees would deter all iPhone users from using this phone to it's full potential. This is my major concern and I wish you can address it to whomsoever it may concernthe most, if you wish to keep the competition in the market up and running. Hope you understand our difficulties and come up with a suitable solution. The fact that I'm sending this mail frommy iphone Shows how much the device means to all of us and how powerful it can be if supplied with the Internet.
(presently using it over wifi)

THE VERY REASON THAT YOU ARE OFFERING THE IPHONE 3G WITHOUT 3G MAKES IT ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY FOR YOU TO ATLEAST PROVIDE A SUFFICIENT DATA PLAN AT THE SAME COST AS YOUR COMPETITORS. AS OF NOW I AM WAITING FOR A WEEK FOR A SATISFACTORY REPLY FROM VODAFONE OR THE BEST OPTION IS TO SELL THIS IPHONE 3G, CHANGE MY NUMBER AND GET THE AIRTEL ONE WHICH WILL STILL WORK OUT CHEAPER FOR ME DESPITE LOSING MONEY ON THE HANDSET. IM HIGHLY APPALLED BY THIS SITUATION AND I WISH YOU TREAT THIS AT THE EARLIEST.. WE ARE FEELING CHEATED HERE.,

LINK TO AIRTEL PLAN: Airtel iPhone

Thank you for your help and wishing for the best.

Yours sincerely,
Dr Frank Mehta
Sent from my iPhone

THE REPLY FROM YOU'LL:

Dr. Mehta,

Thank you for your email dated 01/09/08, regarding your concerns towards the plans launched with iPhone 3G from Vodafone.

We truly appreciate your gesture of taking the time to appreciate our services. Your feedback certainly motivates us to provide you with best services possible.

Dr. Mehta, we forwarded your feedback to the concerned department for consideration. You will surely see the different plans made available by Vodafone incase if there are any changed made in the data plans.

We value our association with us and look forward to provide you with the best of the services in the years to come.

In case you need any further assistance, do call or email us, We'll do our best help you.

Happy to help,

Parikshit Rao
Vodafone Care
Contact numbers
Vodafone Care : 111 or +91-9820098200
(Toll free from Vodafone mobile phones within the home network)
Fax number : +91-22-66661200
E-mail : [email protected]

MY REPLY:

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY..
BUT I AM STILL WAITING WITH A DUD IN MY POCKET, THAT IS THE IPHONE 3G WITHOUT THE INTERNET..
I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROLONG MY WAIT ANYMORE AND I WISH TO SURRENDER MY IPHONE TO VODAFONE AND GET AN AIRTEL NO. WITH AN AIRTEL iphone AS THEY ATLEAST VALUE CUSTOMERS..
VERY DISTRESSING TO KNOW THAT UMPTEEN PHONE CALLS AND THIS SECOND EMAIL ADDRESS DO NOT HAVE ANY EFFECT ON VODAFONE.
HAPPY2HELP IS A MISNOMER. AS I AM TOTALLY UNHAPPY WITH YOUR FEEDBACK.
SORRY TO SAY THAT YOU'LL HAVE LOST A LOT OF TRUST AND FAITH THAT ME AND MANY OTHERS LIKE ME HAD IN YOU'LL TO RESOLVE ISSUES..

STILL NO FEEDBACK FROM YOU PPL!

Yes , Vodafone data plan is very costly compare to Airtel. But both have unlimited plan in Vodafone Rs. 499 and about airtel Rs. 199 / 299 pm (Unlimited plan) But they are not giving this plan on iPhone. Why because they want to earn money.......

Well, Vodafone and Airtel are trying to earn as much as money with iPhone..So later onwhen Iphone craze gones fades off then Airtel/Vodafone will start offering their unlimited plans on Iphone too.These Indian telecom players catch in every opportunity to extract money from customer, they r least botherd about consumer satisfaction.

and what wonders me is that people fall in their obvious trap.

Yes , Vodafone data plan is very costly compare to Airtel. But both have unlimited plan in Vodafone Rs. 499 and about airtel Rs. 199 / 299 pm (Unlimited plan) But they are not giving this plan on iPhone. Why because they want to earn money.......

Are u sure? I thought there is no UL plan in Vodafone. Can you give the link to that plan? :cool2:

even i havent seen or CC denied having any unlimited plan

seems like theyve locked up the iPhone with only one access point.. cannot be changed as the settings have been operator locked!!!!!!!! waiting for the unlock!

Back