vodafone mobile connect and vodafone live unified into one ???

Check this out Vodafone India: Mobile Internet FAQs

Imp Points:

How do I activate this service?

You can activate this service by sending a simple SMS.

* If you are a prepaid subscriber, just send ACT VMC to 144 (toll free) and you will be activated on a zero rental plan with which you can
surf VMC at 10p/10KB
* If you are a postpaid subscriber, just choose the plan that suits your requirement from the list above and send its activation command
to 111 (toll free)
How do I deactivate this service?

If you are a prepaid user, sms CAN VMC to 144 (toll free)

If you are a postpaid user, send the cancellation command of the pack your are active on. Please refer the above mentioned table for deactivation commands of respective packs

For Prepaid - There are no monthly rental charges for Vodafone Mobile Connect service. Browsing charges at 10p / 10KB will be applicable.

Please Note: This is for Mumbai

website is not updated properly

code is ACT WWW and not ACT VMC

website is not updated properly

code is ACT WWW and not ACT VMC

Thanks. In fact if u see the link given in post #112 it says the prepaid VMC has a rent of Rs 199:ishock:

Guys, SMS keywords, numbers are different for different circles, keep it in mind and talk to CC before doing anything.

Vodafone best in Kerala:wewin:
*in kerala vodafone() is best for downloading $ surfing
*Good speed
VODAFONE rockzzzzzz:wewin:

Finally overcame inertia & allergy to Vodafone to get the VMC settings
Sent WWW to 144 (you were right there amish) :)
Got the following flurry of sms’s (Infact I was wondering in that flurry whether I missed out saving something) :confuse:
1) Download games, apps, music, wallpapers or browse internet on your laptop/PC on Vodafone! Please save the Internet, GPRS & MMS settings that you will receive, if it ask for password then enter 1234
2) Vodafone Mobile Connect is now active on your Vodafone mobile phone. There is no monthly rental for the same. Data usage will be charged at 10p/10kb.
3) You will receive the next setting!! (received twice) :confuse:
4) The GPRS & MMS settings have been sent to your phone. Hope you have saved them. Experience a whole new world of entertainment & information on Vodafone live! by launching the WAP/Web browser. For further assistance, call us on 9820098200 from an alternate number

Also got two blank sms also God only knows for what.
Also of interest is this sms I got when I made an error
a) The following are valid service names. IR,SMS, NS, BOTH, HW, WWW, PMW. To know more send INFO and keyword to 144.

UPDATE: Out of the three settings looks like one didn't get saved :@

I had to send ACT NEWWWW299 to 111 to activate the VMC 299 2gb plan on my postpaid connection. As per the cc it will get activated from the next billing cycle. Even I got the confirmation sms of this request.P.s.: Mine is a vodafone mumbai connection.Sent from my GT-I5801 using Tapatalk

Hi Amish, Can u pls help me? I have been able to activate VMC on my mobile and I am able to surf internet from my mobile, but i am not able to do it thru my comp. I have tried 3 methods for this. 1. Thru creating a new connection by dialling *99***1# 2. By connecting thru PC Suite 3. By using Vodafone's application 'Vodafone Mobile broadband'. In all the 3 appliactions the connections is showed to be successfully connected, but when I try to browse thru IT/Mozilla, nothing happens. I have tried CC of Vodafone but nothing has happenend. I'll be really thankful if you could help me on this.

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Hi Amish, Can u pls help me? I have been able to activate VMC on my mobile and I am able to surf internet from my mobile, but i am not able to do it thru my comp. I have tried 3 methods for this. 1. Thru creating a new connection by dialling *99***1# 2. By connecting thru PC Suite 3. By using Vodafone's application 'Vodafone Mobile broadband'. In all the 3 appliactions the connections is showed to be successfully connected, but when I try to browse thru IT/Mozilla, nothing happens. I have tried CC of Vodafone but nothing has happenend. I'll be really thankful if you could help me on this.

Back