Is it worth migrating to Reliance Wireline Broadband? - A fed up Airtel Broadband user

• Thread starter Thread starter raj2007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 276
  • Views Views 42,395
Status
Not open for further replies.
rajadeep....I am talking about VOIP via software only. I used Yahoo Messenger & VOIP Stunt - both failed to work. I could even hear the phone ringing & the moment the phone was picked on the other side, the audio got jumbled, & neither did my audio reach there.And i also checked whether it was my PC's fault or not. I joined the MTNL line to my other PC, from where i used to call up regularly. But there too, it didnt work.But this, i am talking about July-September last year. Dont know if they have been allowing it after that.

@Jaymin - I have used several VOIP software on MTNL and they work. I have used Skype, SmartVOIP, Jumblo. I have also used Gtalk video and they all work. There was a period when I used to get frequent disconnections, voice scrambling, video freeze but that was when I was having problems with the line. I believe you always had a connectivity problem with your MTNL. In such situations VOIP will also give problems.

Ok, so i think my line was at fault from beginning. But then i am curious to know 1 thing - in the router that i had, there were 2 different slots for VOIP & IPTV.......Until now, i was under this impression -That these were the dedicated ports which can be used if i activate those services. And only when i activate VOIP service, can i get to dial using the software.

^ You can use a decent internet connection from almost any ISP to have VOIP communication through the various softwares I mentioned.There may be confusion because some ISPs offer their own VOIP like MTNL also.Note also that if you use MTNL's VOIP solution then the data used by it is not counted in your normal usage metering.

hum toh du hazar rupee dai rahe hai airtel ko 30KBps dwnload speed kai leyi...Gan* mai aisa danda mara hai Airtel nai nikalnai ka naam he nahi lai rahi...FUK u Airtel

Dont u think this is tooo un-Parliamentary language for a Public Forum??

I added stars lol still admin is always there to edit out if u guys didnt like it ..

hum toh du hazar rupee dai rahe hai airtel ko 30KBps dwnload speed kai leyi...Gan* mai aisa danda mara hai Airtel nai nikalnai ka naam he nahi lai rahi...FUK u Airtel

If you are so damn fed up of Airtel,
why using it?

If you are so damn fed up of Airtel,
why using it?

no other option in locality apart frm MTNL nd I ain't sure how long is there up time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back