Is something wrong globally? (Cogent-TATA Peering Mess)

Yes, One Broadband has some routes that are being advertised by both their upstreams but at the same time some IPs are only being advertised by Tata.

This would not fix anything as the One Broadband upstream has been set as Tata preferred instead of dynamic.

But guys I can easily speed test on many international servers through my excitel connection without any ping changes or speed decreases + can download from different international servers. What does cognet exactly transit then?

@unnecessary
Example 1, my service with whatbox had completely stopped working for me.
I had to reach out to them via Discord (their control panel also did not work) for support and get the routing fix for my IP.

Thankfully they had HE as a backup transit so it worked fine in the end, but many servers/providers solely be using Cogent and this would be a major loss of service for them.

Example 2, my BM with fdcservers has completely stopped working. They had no option to resolve this since they are 100% reliant on Cogent and their alternatives were too slow and messy.

A complete refund was provided for this.

Last edited:
so if we are hosting servers or storage then they will not work ? is that what you mean ?

No. It depends. Whoever is using Cogent or Tata as a sole service (either customer or provider) will be affected by this. No one else.

The internet will work as normal for everyone else, so people with Jio and Airtel especially can rest easy.

is the shitty performance here on excitel due to this? works wonderfully on airtel and on VPN 👀

@unnecessary i started this thread because I was unable to use any Google services (literally google search broke and had to use bing to check if some huge calamity happened) so i guess if google can break then i guesa a lot of different service too like @Lolita_Magnum described

And proton lost a lot of servers in the whole asia region so major datacenters would have worked on emergency level to restore things within hours

Last edited:

Back