Jio Fiber High Ping, High Latency, High Jitter How to fix ?

• Thread starter Thread starter raj17
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 2,688
@raj17 I had slow speed, ping issues and down times some months ago. Same issue with my friends who live in the same city, but quite far.

I shown them screenshots of PingPlotter, Trace Route etc., clearly showing issue was not at my end. They still replaced router with an old shit, claimed it will solve it, but all it did was making connection dead for a few days and then finally they replaced it with another shit router.

I had to get TP-Link ONT just because of their trashy replaced router.

Moral of the story: It is useless to complaint. It may create more issues instead.

@raj17 Just connect your Jio ONT with your TP-Link router. Make sure your router is not in Access Point mode. You should see QoS option in Advanced section.

This is how it looks in my router:

HSnLHBW.png

Last edited:
so how much the ONT cost?
You can co-ordinate with @tr1k0N4 for all the details about ONT.
@Zuke ok you said that i can improve loaded latency? i have one extra old TP-Link router, could you tell me the process?
Connect TP-Link router in access point mode to your JF ONT. Then try to find QoS/Bandwidth limiting feature in TP-Link Router. if you are on 30mbps plan, set QoS configuration to 26mbps and you should be good to go. This will not eliminate the whole buffer bloat issue but something is better than nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
@raj17 Jio ONT should have better experience than this, at least on 5 GHz Wi-Fi.

Anyway, try using PingPlotter and see if your ping is actually bad because of your Jio ONT or is it because of their infra.

@raj17 As I said, first check if the issue is actually because of your ONT or it is due to Jio themselves. JioFiber here have a little bit of jitter too, even with my own router and ONT. So, it also depends on how their services are in your location.

A simple way to check if your router is having issues or not would be to use PingPlotter to test any server. If your ping to your router's IP is also fluctuating a lot, then it might be time to get a TP-Link ONT (which may cost around 1.2-1.5k).

Back