• Thread starter Thread starter joydeep316
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 7,116

joydeep316

ISP
BSNL
hello all,
I am from Howrah, West Bengal and in my locality local cable operator provides Kailash cable broadband.
I am currently using BSNL broadband but thinking of switching it to cable broadband as service of BSNL is getting worse day-by-day.
I was in talk with my cable operator and he said that Kailash broadband is modem-less broadband service and LAN cable is directly inserted into the LAN port of PC. And to use the broadband every time I must open the browser to login first.
But I want to share the broadband connection with other laptops and smatphones also. As there is no modem, how can I use a wifi router to share the broadband?
Secondly, if I want to browse internet from smartphone, how can I do it without keep the PC running with logged in brower? Is there any wifi router with auto login option for Kailash broadband?
Guys please help me with these issues to solve my problems...cheers!

you will have to just plug the cable into your router and then from router LAN to your PC :numbness:

thanks both of guys :peaceful:
does the router mentioned above have the capacity to auto dial the user id and password whenever it's switched on? actually I do not want to keep my PC turned on unnecessacerily while browsing internet in mobile....
another small question...do I have to change any default settings of the router to get it worked with the cable broadband?
thanks...!

:pleasantry: if u buy any router ....first u should logout from ur oprator login window .then connect ur lan cable to ur router ethernet port then connect onother rj45 lan cable to lan port and other side to pc lan port ...then if u have setup cd or instalation cd ...u insert the cd and instral it to ur pc ....then set ur wifi password and name ....login at first time no need to login again and again ..it will auto login .........
i am also a fiber to home suscriber so .......i think so setup will be same as i did ...
i use Belkin as i said before ......[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:Verdana, arial, sans-serif;]Belkin N150 F7D1301zb Basic Wireless Router (Gray) .is great for 2 bhk house [/color]

thanks very much sunith for solving the issues...now i can go ahead with the cable broadband! ^_^

it's been 2 months since i am using KCBPL broadband. my plan is unlimited for Rs. 545/- monthly (512kbps). but torrent speed reaches upto 1mbps :D. no major break-downs as of now!

Back