Linking Bank Account with Aadhaar Card

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 172
  • Views Views 18,540
I am waiting for more pressure from Yes Bank before filing a complaint with their highest customer support person.

They finally nailed it x'D

Aadhaar mandatory for opening bank A/c, transaction over Rs50K

The government has made quoting of biometric identity number Aadhaar mandatory for opening of bank accounts as well as for any financial transaction of Rs 50,000 and above.

Existing bank account holders have been asked to furnish the Aadhaar number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) by December 31, 2017, failing which the account will cease to be operational, according to a revenue department notification.

Aadhaar mandatory for opening bank A/c, transaction over Rs50K

Can't do anything else now. Have to just get an Aadhaar and hope the data doesn't get misused. Sad state of affairs :(

Yeah, it's the honest folks who have to go through the hassle and the risks... the criminals will continue to laugh and do their cash transactions, benami stuff and what not :(

The only positive thing about this I can think/hope for is that it may bring more people under the tax net, and increase the tax revenues, which I'm sure will go into the pockets of corrupt govt officials yes, but at least some of the extra tax will be used for stuff like infrastructure and other investments.

What nailed it? A petition would be filed. Court would have no option but to provide exemption to non Aadhaar holders till constitutional bench is created and the final decision is taken. Then government would come up with a new direction exploiting the loopholes in that ruling.

yeah, petition etc may be filed... but banks and mobile operators will still sneakily threaten/force you to link or delete your accounts :D

Yeah, Plus the very idea of having your account frozen would scare many of the holdouts (like me) to just get an Aadhaar. Nobody wants their hard earned money frozen or have its status depend on the judgement of the Supreme court.

Hopefully a judge finally sees the continued insult and deliver a better judgment next time around. Enough time till December.

What nailed it? A petition would be filed. Court would have no option but to provide exemption to non Aadhaar holders till constitutional bench is created and the final decision is taken. Then government would come up with a new direction exploiting the loopholes in that ruling.

I know....but this will be probably the most effective in making people panic and force them to get aadhaar.

honestly speaking, you are more at risk with aadhaar. people have had their aadhaar number blocked without any reasons. and you have no option to challenge it. you have no way to find out why it was blocked. you have no way to appeal the process. once aadhaar is blocked, your pan card, your mobile number, your bank account, all becomes nullified as per government's own policies.

you cannot sue uidai. you cannot file a police complaint. you can try using rti but most queries are rejected in the name of national security. customer support people cut calls on queries that are not easy to answer.

Back