Mi Air Purifier 2C

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 5,590
Arey 10 minutes man lo yar. I wasn't really keeping an eye on the clock. But it actually depends on the room size and various factors.

Both of them are sitting idle now at green.

Btw:

0D6Td2X.webp

Cleaned the sensor of 2C. Kept them both in the same room, and 3 showed 250 which came to 56 within 5 minutes. But 2C continues to run crazy. For a second it comes to orange and then again goes back to red right away.

It does come back to yellow and eventually green, but it seems to take quite longer and it's kinda hypersensitive compared to 3. I don't know if this is by design or if it's faulty.
Check if there is a firmware update available in the app

I got a prompt to update it right after I connected it to the app, and I did that.

2C uses an infrared sensor, and it's less accurate or rather takes significantly longer to analyze the AQ. My unit is just fine, both these models are simply using different technologies. I am assuming that the sensor of 2C takes some time to calibrate itself after cleaning. Contacted support, and they have suggested me to get a replacement for 3 from Amazon.

2C uses an infrared sensor
had no idea tbh. but this explains why 2c goes berserk every time i walk in front of it. i thought my movement was shifting air causing the sensor to get activated with dust or something. but this makes a lot of sense.

Lol. I hate this model so much. I mean it is fine for most part of the year. But during bad days like today… it just fucking go nuts. Sensor would keep on changing level every 10 seconds which means fan would keep on changing speed every 10 seconds. I mean I can put it in a manual speed option. but that means either useless 1 speed level or noisier 2/3 speed levels through the night lol.

I am just waiting for the fan to die someday so that I can replace it with something else.

Back