Mi Air Purifier 3

• Thread starter Thread starter IBF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 5,721
Does it make sense to spend extra on the carbon filter instead of HEPA lite?

The filter of my model 3 is going to last about 9 days.

the blue one does not have rfid. if your purifier requires rfid, you have no choice.

Last edited:
and i am sort of wrong. blue one also has rfid. but it does not list mi 3 as compatible. 2S is compatible which is the model i have.

2c came with the blue filter without rfid coz i tried using it on the mi 2s and it showed the error about filter. mi is really doing something shady here.

Last edited:
Yes, 2C came with a filter which doesn't have RFID. Basically sasta mal chipka dia.

that's the weird bit. all three filters have rfid based on mi website currently.
but 3 is only compatible with the 2200 black filter. the 2200 blue filter is also incompatible.
so basically you would have to get the 2200 black filter if you do not want to deal with the permanent error message on the device.

all this time i thought both 2200 filters were the only ones with rfid and they both worked with the 3 model. and i just realized that i can actually get the 1700 filter for my 2s.

dunno why i keep on saying nfc instead of rfid lol.

Last edited:
Bro, this one has RFID, and it's available for INR 1,699. The only difference seems to be the absence of carbon filter.

Damn, you are right. Not compatible with 3, even though it has RFID. :rolleyes:

PAfmmx4.webp

It's not compatible with Mi 3.

yeah. mi3 is a bad purchase. best to stick to 2c or even 2s. mi 2 was the best model. you had a decent sensor and app support and you did not have to deal with a display on the device. and it supports all filters. i am glad i did not go for mi3.

Back