Mi Air Purifier 3

• Thread starter Thread starter IBF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 5,721
As I expected it's equally loud like 2C, but I like all the additional features. I have just one major problem with it.

THE CABLE IS TOO SHORT! A LOT SHORTER THAN 2C.

angry wrestling GIF

Last edited:
Did it come with blue or grey filter?

Grey filter. In the instructions it mentioned that we've to take the filter out from the package, but there was no package.

RmdpGcf.webp

Damn those are some fancy ass features

I use the smartair one which is literally just a table fan with a HEPA filter tied to it

Yeah, those folks have proved that Mi purifiers are the worst ever. Even worse than a DIY purifier.

Just got the delivery of my 2 mi 3's...pretty impressive must say..from 100 it bought it down to below 50 on about 15 minutes.really silent too once green. Also updated the firmware through mi home app. I have placed it more towards the centre of the room on a stool and not on the floor.(had to use an extension cord). Its showing a rwading of 14 now!! Have run it for about 30 minutes

Try playing with the automation and see if it turns the purifier on automatically when PM 2.5 reaches a certain level.

I am glad I got my unit replaced. It was making a grinding sound even at the lowest setting, the new one is absolutely silent. And it's August 2020 manufactured. 2C is still quieter at rest though. Also, the delivery guy postponed the exchange by 2 days, so the Diwali reduce 2-3% of the filter life which he took away today.

I just have one issue with this purifier and that should be fixable by firmware updates. It doesn't really try to keep the levels under 50. Even if the AQ is 70, it stays quiet and waits for it to go over 80-100 to reduce it by increasing the fan speed (auto mode). I think this is one reason why SmartAir reported the lowest air quality in their testing. Mi needs to do something about it. And yes, the sensor isn't accurate. Quite glitchy.

Back