Mobile Number Portabilty from Jan 20th All over India - Be prepared

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 566
  • Views Views 122,140
adminji,can you make a separate thread from 19th Jan onwards on your forum for users who have actually changed from and to which service. The user has three things to write in his answer:1. from which service to which service2. which city user belongs to3. Reason for the changeUsers should in good faith give correct details.What do you say guys? any other suggestions are welcome if admin likes my idea !

arey bhai. who is stopping you from starting that thread? i would just make it stickey. just buzz me about it.

but who would migrate to mtnl ? BSNL lost highest numbers of its subscribers after MNP was implemented :rofl:

nomatter mtnl has bad customer service, but they r the cheapest of all in voice rates , data plans and above all calling to USA is 1 rupee per minute incl service tax !

Checkout Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd- News BSNL is not collecting any port in charges, 32K sim will be provided free of cost and At the time of activation of all port-in customers, additional talk value of Rs.100 will be offered in addition to the normal free talk value available with FRC. ALso all port-in customers will be offered 5 GB GPRS for one month free of charge.

Should wait n see whether other networks can offer such one's or not?

Please do update the experiences once someone has changed their service providers using MNP.I am still waiting for Airtel 3G (forever) and if its not gud then wud use MNP to shift to BSNL

i dont think any private service provider will give 3g gprs at lower rates compared to bsnl & mtnl. they will be little costly. moreover you get 2 GB or 3 GB data on 98 rupees recharge on a 2G network and you just get 100 MB data on 3G network of mtnl @ 99 recharge.3G speeds are too fast to consume 100 MB and then you are stuck for paying more.Every coin has 2 sides. But this industry has so many sides that you get suck somewhere or the other. Its always best to prioritise your requirement and select proper network using mnp.

Its more about quality with Airtel am ready to wait and check 3G, will shell out upto 500 bucks for 3G on mobile.

BSNL seems to be gud, but still I had really gud experiences with airtel before, so still waiting.

I am still waiting for Airtel 3G (forever) and if its not gud then wud use MNP to shift to BSNL

Same here. But still no dates are confirmed from airtel. They are making every one to wait. If they donot launch by this weekend, i am sure many customer looking for 3G services will shift to BSNL and many would recharge with 4200 data plan.

Back