Broadband is going to be free all over India by 2009!!!!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter sunnykinger
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 5,085
In other news, scientists at CCMB have reported that pigs will fly by 2008...

Free 8 Mbps Broadband after 2009. However, you have to pay @ 0.80p per MB of course... :hysterical:

Free 8 Mbps Broadband after 2009. However, you have to pay @ 0.80p per MB of course... :hysterical:

Not to mention Taxes 20,000 Rs extra as applicable

LAMO @ the topic title

No free net even after 2009 (Mark my words)

Marked, but where should I keep it?

On a serious note, its an hypothetical statement, it won't be free as Sanket said and I marked his words....:whistle:

net will become free(or almost) but not as soon as 2009... and the idea does not seem so practical right now because wimax has not taken off in a big way.. when that happens.. internet would cease to be considered a commodity to be paid for and availed by a few... it will be more like doordarshan's signal.. everybody tapping in and there will be no maara-maari for 'bandwidth'

this is something i quoted somewhere before.. here it is again..
The big question is "paid how much?" The three biggest expenses for big ISPs are:
[*]"Last mile" connectivity
[*]Advertising and promotion
[*]Billing & accounting
[/list]With community- or government-provided networks, #2 and #3 go away completely, and most of #1 goes away too. Here's why.

Most of the expense of getting residents Internet connectivity comes from connecting up the last few miles to individuals' homes. ISPs could in principal do away with a wired "last mile" with the right wireless technology, but that would make it easy for people to share their connections and passwords with neighbours. Instead, ISPs are charging you a premium so they can keep you from sharing your Internet connection when they insist on using cable or DSL.

We're at the point now where the inefficiency inherent in having to advertise, charge for and segregate Internet service is greater than the inefficiency inherent in public sector projects, which means that financially it's better now to have government- and community-provided Internet connectivity.

Back