Mobile Number Portabilty from Jan 20th All over India - Be prepared

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 566
  • Views Views 122,139
Do you mean that when the new connection is taken using MNP we can change the subscriber name ? Did you get this confirmed from any of the providers. I am trying to find this information as I have couple of numbers in my name which I want to switch to a different provider and have the name change done too.

Yes, I checked with Airtel, They mentioned that it can be done since am planning to change it from VF to Airtel.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

The document have to be submitted (New owners)

now this news has some other implications !what if there are 3 people, A B & CC sends a sms PORT A's mobile number and gets a unique code.C goes to a new operator and gives that unique code to new operator with B's document.Whats the result? C will succeed to get A's mobile number under B's name?I doubt this... time will say all. They will reject all such request I think.

Yes, I checked with Airtel, They mentioned that it can be done since am planning to change it from VF to Airtel.

Good Luck!

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

What if a Operator who Doesnt Want customers to leave Their network Somehow troubles him when a customer tries to send a msg to 1909 Sending a reply as "Invalid Number" or "Check keyword and Send again"... Even if he sent the Right message?

Whom Should i complaint in that case? TRAI? MNP Helpline?

@krish_88:Its pretty much the same. And the best part now is that every call automatically gets disconnected exactly after 30 minutes!Sometimes I feel it has become too much but then currently due to lack of options I'm forced to continue with MTNL :(

Ah ha new problem from Haryana user (as TV report).His both sims are active and ringing.

heh heh.. how is that possible.??? :P

now this news has some other implications !
what if there are 3 people, A B & C
C sends a sms PORT A's mobile number and gets a unique code.
C goes to a new operator and gives that unique code to new operator with B's document.

Whats the result? C will succeed to get A's mobile number under B's name?
I doubt this... time will say all. They will reject all such request I think.

I think it is not possible,sms no and mobile number must match....itna dimaag mat bhagao mere dost....

initial hiccups. i would wait for a couple of weeks before using MNP for dad's and mom's connections. i have to get dad off reliance.

heh heh.. how is that possible.??? :P

It happens only in INDIA(BSNL).He shifted from docomo to BSNL.DOCOMO saying go to BSNL,and BSNL saying go to DOCOMO.....hahaha:wall::wall:

I think it is not possible,sms no and mobile number must match....itna dimaag mat bhagao mere dost....

If a phone number can ring in both the operator, then I am sure that C can succeed in transfering A's mobile to B's name.

Its India and anything can be possible.

Back